I recently realized my tone sucks because I fell into the MG trap (Before I found this fourm) and now I decided to get a new amp

Should I sell the amp head and keep the cab and get the Vox Valvetronix AD100VTH?
or Should I sell and start anew?

I play Punk/Classic Rock/jazz. I have 300$ before selling old guitars and maybe the stack so that might put me up to 600$.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by E-Street at Aug 29, 2007,
I'm guessing you mean $1,000 USD... For that much...sell the entire stack you have and buy a nice tube combo. You'll thank yourself in the long run and have a much better amp than the Vox.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I realized I dont have as much money as I thought now i have 300 before selling gear

Any names of tube combo amps and will they compete with a half stack for my band?
Fender Hot Rods are nice tube amps I believe.

You can surely get a 40 watt for $600.

80th best UGer
what stack are you trying to keep up with?

anything tube and 50watts+ will be loud enough for anything. if you find yourself playing a stadium tour any time soon, it will still be loud enough, as it only has to be loud enough to hear yourself onstage, because it will be mic'd up or DI'ed anyway.

ive recently sold a laney GH50L stack, and replaced it with a laney VC50 combo. both are RIDICULOUSLY loud. much much too loud in fact.
then a 50 watt all tube combo will blow it away in terms of volume (not to mention tone, depending on your purchase of course) without a doubt. even a 30 watt all tube combo would compete volume wise. depending on where you are, id suggest your best bet would be a laney LC30II. check one out...