I wanna go back and do A-levels (which I should have done last year), but anyways, most colleges start back next week, is it too late to apply now ?

I'm thinking of going down to the college tomorrow and asking about it.

I hope it's not too late.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
I cant help but its definitly worth a shot
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
lol yeah....
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Yea man, it's probably too late but it's definitely worth a shot talking to the administration. Maybe they'll let you in. Good luck!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I'm in the Uk....

It's not that hard to get in this late over here, last year people enrolled a few days late on my course
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Ah. I don't know how the college system works there, but I know that colleges won't let you in past the registration date here, maybe even community colleges.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
oh ok. hahaha yeah my bad. the american system is way harsher i guess.

but my friend got in to Biola the week classes started....
i know, says a lot about the school, haha.
Quote by darkstar2466
Ah. I don't know how the college system works there, but I know that colleges won't let you in past the registration date here, maybe even community colleges.

EVEN in community colleges.
both my friends missed fall quarter for JC.
It's a bit different here, we're not as strict haha :p

I'm gonna go down today, cus I've got the day off.
I really need to sort this out, and quick!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
EVEN in community colleges.
both my friends missed fall quarter for JC.

Sh*t! Now that's harsh.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
oh ok. hahaha yeah my bad. the american system is way harsher i guess.

but my friend got in to Biola the week classes started....
i know, says a lot about the school, haha.

Bear in mind when an American is talking about college he's talking about university so it is next to impossible to enrol late unless you do clearing.

You might be fine, give it a shot.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Its not too late, a few years ago i done the exact same thing. Phoned the college, explained the course i wanted to do - 2 days later i got an interview and then a furether 2 days later i started the course right on time.
Cheers dudes!

I'm gonna go down in about an hour or so and sort stuff out.

I'm so indecisive!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
What A-levels do you want to do anyways?

You have a good chance, but it also depends on the popularity of th course.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
Def worth a try, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Although there are the enevitable drop outs at the start of courses...I think I read somewhere that in courses you don't have to pay for in college around 1/3 of the class drop out within the first month.
Yeah, if the courses are popular chances are you won't get a place so late. But I'm still getting letters from the local college telling me to apply because I need to do something with my life etc etc. They seem oblivious to the fact I'm going to a different college than theirs.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
the enrollment days are today, tomorow and friday you'd be lucky.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
^ Chee like, physcology is a very popular choice, in the college i'm about to go to theres like 600 people taking it, and thats of about 1200/1500 people going in

Less popular ones though you may have a shot at though
Well I just called up, and they're running interviews all this week.
So I'm lucky

All I have to do is go down, and they'll interview me and I choose what I want to do.

Ideal.

I'm thinking Law IT and English Lit.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
I got in .

I start wednesday

And, I'm studying, English Literature, IT, Business and Law.

SWEET!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Quote by guitaristdave
I got in .

I start wednesday

And, I'm studying, English Literature, IT, Business and Law.

SWEET!

Awesome. Wait, like Rankles said, by college do you mean University or do you mean 11th and 12th grade.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
In the UK, we have it so you go to high school until year 11, then you finish high school then at 16.
Then you go to college, or 6th form, and study, then you go to university.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Quote by guitaristdave
In the UK, we have it so you go to high school until year 11, then you finish high school then at 16.
Then you go to college, or 6th form, and study, then you go to university.

*In England (and possibly Wales, I've no idea).
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
So 'college' is 2 years for you?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Yeah, you got it.

Whats the difference in scotland?
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Is there many schools in England where you can do all 7 years of post-primary school education or do most people goto colleges?
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
In Scotland we'll usually stay in the same school for 6 years, and sit Highers in the 5th year which usually determine whether we get in to and what universities we get in to. In 6th year students can do Advanced Highers, or more Highers to improve upon results, and some private (public to you southerners) schools will do A levels.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
That's just complicated, and silly
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Quote by Badreligionrock
In Scotland we'll usually stay in the same school for 6 years, and sit Highers in the 5th year which usually determine whether we get in to and what universities we get in to. In 6th year students can do Advanced Highers, or more Highers to improve upon results, and some private (public to you southerners) schools will do A levels.

That sounds very complicated.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
So 'college' is 2 years for you?

Chee boi

Except as said earlier, our college is the last two years of your highschool, and then off to university, which is what you yanks refer to as college

Quote by philipisabeast
Chee boi

Except as said earlier, our college is the last two years of your highschool, and then off to university, which is what you yanks refer to as college

You Englishmen are strange people, but you did give us metal so I love you guys.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
If you wanna get into Castle college, you're too late, I tried doing the exact same thing, I failed a music BTEC at Burslem last year, and they wouldn't let me in this year because the government has changed the rules or some crap.
its not too late!! i know people who applied this time last year and my college still took them in, however you might not get to do all the courses you want