I can play Powerchords, Pull-Offs, Hammer-Ons, Bends, Tapping, A little bit of Sweep, Bar Chords, Normal Chords, Dimebag Squeals, divebombs and pretty much any technique.

But I can barely play the riff to Smoke on the Water on an Acoustic!

On my Electric, I can play it perfectly, But I literally Cannot play on an Acoustic. Should I be worried about this?
ahhhh...
if you want to play it on an a acoustic i guess so.
just practice.
Maybe. You probably have weak fingers or something. Try to re-learn everything on an acoustic, it might make you better when it comes to electric too.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Playing acoustic forces you to shape up and improve your technique, since there's no gain or mods that can be done to assist you. The better you get at it, the better you'll be at electric.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
my 1st real guitar was an electric, I did most of my learning on that, now with almost 6 years of guitar behind me iv barely ever touched an acoustic, and I find it difficult to play really easy stuff on acoustics. I can manage, but I find it more of a strain and I produce way more dead notes etc.

So it's not unusual for electric players to struggle on acoustic at 1st
Quote by mr kipling
Maybe. You probably have weak fingers or something. Try to re-learn everything on an acoustic, it might make you better when it comes to electric too.
I just find the Action on an Acoustic weird, I can bend stuff fine.
Work up your fingers buddy with an acoustic, it's a good thing to practise with and when you go back to electric it will be SO much easier.
Yes Acoustic takes some getting used to. Also some acoustics (especially the ones on the cheaper side) are terribly set up and are VERY hard to play.

But if you are not used to it, either way it will be more challenging as it takes considerably more strength in both hands. The good news is that after a week or two of practicing on acoustic it will start feeling easier.

Make sure not to neglect your electric however (there are issues with playing the electric such as string muting etc... that cannot be practiced on acoustic)

Mike Philippov
The action on an acoustic is, usually, higher than that on an electric. You need to apply a bit more pressure on the strings to fret the note.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.