(I don't have a camera)

I was helping my friend move stuff to a new house today and before we left to move all the items he said to grab what I want; he gave me some cologne, few cards, stationary other stuff and a Rolex.

First instincts tell me that it is a fake, but I rather have it confirmed than not, cause after all, it is a 'Rolex'.

* I checked the logo on the watch, it matches the ones I saw on the Rolex website
* There is a serial code on the battery plate of the watch, its a sticket with a Rolex logo with a 5 digit code on it (probably the dead give away its a fake)
* The actual body of the watch isn't all that special, just seems like general watch material - no gold or shiny stuff
* The face seems like quality, deep blue, the hands move quite nicely, doesn;t appear to be any dodgy or poor work on the numbers and other inlays
* Face piece says - 'Rolex' 'Oyster Perpetual Date' 'Mariner' a few other things then says 'Swiss Made'
* That turning thing that soem watches have on the outside of them is decent quality, but doesn't seem 'Rolexy' if you know what I mean
* There is a thing on the glass which magnfies that date, that seems 50/50 quality

Thanks for your help, if I can't get a decent answer I might peel the sticker of.
Are you reelin' in the years?
Not all rolexes are bling bling-gold-silver etc.
you're just talking about the 1 000 000 000 euro ones

rolex has MUCH cheaper versions to.. just not that special

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

do the hands 'sweep' or 'tick'. If they sweep its more likley to be a rolex.
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
have u considered takin it to a shop to get it confirmed?most jewellers will do that for you. however, above is a good suggestion, its likely that the fingers will not tick they will move in a constant ring if it is a rolex. also, is it quite heavy? sounds strange but quality watches normally weigh a ton. and is the rolex symbol quite discreet, i know sum1 who bought a fake one and it had the symbol but it was enormous, n u just think - this is sum1 trying to show off, not realy quality
Sweeping or ticking, I just placed my ear as close as I can to it and there is no such ticking, no sound at all, also in refernce to its weight, well, its not light, I got s emi-decent watch which is real, though is light (as it looks), but this is heavier.
Just send it to me, I can confirm it for you.
221b, Baker Street, London.

I can detect the proper logo etc, but only with the special lights installed inside my Holm.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
No problems, just give me 2000 quid for the shipping cost and you can have a look.
Open the back if you can. See if the material inside is as good as the outside.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

It's already been said, but if the hands move in one smooth sweeping motion, rather than ticking, its probably a rolex.

Because the few fakes that sweep still cost a ****ing lot of money.
Just take it to a jewellers and ask them, then let us all know!

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Rolexs do make a ticking noise just the second hand sweeps instead of clicking as each second goes by. Also if it has the original band it will most likey have it's serial number inside that goes with it's documentation. You might want to take it to an appraiser. It cost 30 bucks usually. I had to do that for the insurance on mine. Mine is just a standard stainless steel and appraised for about $2300. It has a custom face piece. I cant remember if that made it more or less.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Last edited by Liam Alan at Aug 29, 2007,
My dad has a real Rolex, and I have a copy I found while filing at work experience. My fake is based off my dad's real one. You can't tell the difference
Where did you find the watch?

I lost mine like 2 days ago.

Coinsidence?
Quote by Preid
Where did you find the watch?

I lost mine like 2 days ago.

Coinsidence?

Did you drop it in Australia? lol
Quote by oldfartatplay
No problems, just give me 2000 quid for the shipping cost and you can have a look.

You checked the shipping costs to send it from Kangaroo land to Sherlock holmes house?

dude...
AWESOME!
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Did you drop it in Australia? lol

See a professional who knows what he's doing.
Quote by John W
You checked the shipping costs to send it from Kangaroo land to Sherlock holmes house?

dude...
AWESOME!

Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410