I just bought a Valve junior and I dont think its going to be loud enough to practice with my drummer, I have a Marshall 4X12 MG cabinet ( I know, the Mg series is crap) The cabinet only has one input, if I bought another Valve Junior is there a way to use both amps into one input in the cab?

Thanks
no, i don't think so. though there probably are 2 inputs in the back, i think 1 input is for the head, and the other input is meant to link another cab to it.

as long as your drummer isn't a beheamouth, you should be okay regarding practice.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
You'd be a lot better off investing in a larger amp than another VJ head. Or maybe a nicer 2x12 cab with high efficiency speakers.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
You could split your signal from you pedals or guitar and run it into both heads, then re-merge the signal on the output side of the amp heads and back into one line running into the cab. But if your buying another head you'd be better off buying another head and two 2X12 cabs then you can run your signal in stereo and use two different effects for each amp head and get some cool sounds from it.
LuthierofTexas

I like your solution of splitting the signal,

what would I need to do this?

I will probably invest in another cab at some point but right now I'm getting a kick ass deal on the valve junior.
that's not going to be an easy task to "re-merge" the signals after the amps powersections. They both need a specific impedance load for one thing. I think there are some products that might be able to do it, like the Radial Tonebone head switcher, but they are very pricey. Something needs to be able to keep an impedance load on both amps even while they are switching, and you can't just use a Y cable or something because the impedance won't be correct.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
and better!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I spoke with a guitar tech and he told me the best thing to do is to mod my cab to be a stero cab and that way I can run two heads without a whole bunch of splitters
Quote by Erock503
that's not going to be an easy task to "re-merge" the signals after the amps powersections. They both need a specific impedance load for one thing. I think there are some products that might be able to do it, like the Radial Tonebone head switcher, but they are very pricey. Something needs to be able to keep an impedance load on both amps even while they are switching, and you can't just use a Y cable or something because the impedance won't be correct.

Yeah, I was thinking of a head switcher of some sort, but couldn't think of what it was called. But yeah, a Y-cable would be a horrible idea.

TS, which idea did you like, the splitting and merging the signal back or the splitting and running to two heads and two cabs to make a stereo set-up?
Both were good ideas and I will probably employ the two cab solution at one point. I think my best bet is to convert my cab into a stero unit before i go out and get another one.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Yeah, I was thinking of a head switcher of some sort, but couldn't think of what it was called.

yeah, the only one I know of is the Radial unit. I've been interested in getting one for a while, but they are pretty pricey. Can't decide if it's worth just putting the money into another cab, but space is also a consideration. I do like the idea though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
As usual Slats and co. are correct.

I had an MG cab and the speakers in them are really quiet speakers and really fizzy anyway. You're better of selling that to fund a good quality 2x12 with some high Db speakers.

You can build the cab yourself pretty much, just need some pine and some screws. Then buy some nice speakers to put in there and you're set!

A VJ should be just loud enough to jam with a drummer.