Page 1 of 3
I know you guys say condoms work but has anyone ever had a condom actually break on them? Adults are always trying to say that condoms never work but I don't believe them .
Never happens to me, even when I wank in them because I'm too lazy to clean the boy juice off myself..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by magnus_maximus
Just use a sock, dude.

And get foot fungus on the penis?
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
I've had it break on me a couple of times, just don't **** too rough.
Celtic FootballClub1888
Quote by magnus_maximus
Oh yeah? Ask your mum.

Joking, that was a bit low.

But still.

They're 92% effective, from what I've hard.

Has anyone on this board ever taken a math class? Lets think about this...the pill is 99% effective...that means 1 out of 100 times you have sex it'll result in pregnancy. Condoms being 92% effective gives you an 8 out of 100 chance. That's 2 out of 25 for those of you trying to keep up...
LOL if you wear a sock that has jizz on it .. you belong in The Pit
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
You have to go pretty hard and she has to be kind of drying out for it to happen.
My Stuff:
Schecter S-1 Elite with EMG 81 & 85
Dean Hardtail Select
Marshall MG50DFX
Boss DS-1

A child's rhyme stuck in my head says life is but a dream
Quote by denizenz
Has anyone on this board ever taken a math class? Lets think about this...the pill is 99% effective...that means 1 out of 100 times you have sex it'll result in pregnancy. Condoms being 92% effective gives you an 8 out of 100 chance. That's 2 out of 25 for those of you trying to keep up...

WTF? That makes no sense!
Quote by denizenz

You're an idiot. Those statistics are for if the condom works. Not whether or not the condom breaks.

If the condom breaks then it is 0% effective.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
I went to a gig and i blew up a comdom and it exploded and i got splattered with lube. True story.
Quote by screamsoftly
If the condom breaks then it is 0% effective.

Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Mr. Parker
Teah, I've only had Trojans break on me. Couple of times I think.

Uh-oh. I use Trojans
Quote by muzz666
I've had it break on me a couple of times, just don't **** too rough.

is there any other way to do it??

i remember when one broke on me, didnt even notice and kept going

eventually realised after about 10 minutes

stuck a new one on n kept ploughing away!
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Quote by Moggan13
I went to a gig and i blew up a comdom and it exploded and i got splattered with lube. True story.

You sure that was lube?
those "percent" values are over the course of a year...

so if it's 2% failure, then that means that 2 couples in 100 get pregnant over the course of a year of using the condoms
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
if you're scared just use lots of lube lol
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
If you put it on properly, don't try entry if she's not ready down there and use water-based lubricant then your condom has a next to zero chance of breaking. If the contact it smooth, a condom won't tear.
Love is not a victory march.
the reason they break is mostly because ppls put em on wrong. LEARN2PUTONURCONDOMZ
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
I think that people should implement a "Tear Alarm" into condoms.

The condom should have a microchip that sends a signal to an external audio device, sounding off an alarm, when it detects a tear.
I've had 2 of those non-latex condoms rip on me, which sucks because the whole heat transference thing feels pretty cool. I've never had a regular latex condom break on me before, though.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Metal claw
I think that people should implement a "Tear Alarm" into condoms.

The condom should have a microchip that sends a signal to an external audio device, sounding off an alarm, when it detects a tear.

dude that's ****in brilliant. just imagine......

"Oh yeah, oh yeah, harder, har... WARNING! WARNING! RED ALERT! CONDOM HAS BROKEN!..."

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
The more condoms you put on, the safer you are, i.e. 3 condoms are better than 2, and 5 condoms are better than 4, etc.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
use lube with the rubber and you shoulddd be finee really.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
Quote by darkstar2466
The more condoms you put on, the safer you are, i.e. 3 condoms are better than 2, and 5 condoms are better than 4, etc.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me your joking. If you're not you honestly deserve to get smacked.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
Yes, twice.

First time me and my girlfriend where both drunk and where doing it rough and hard, and I didnt notice it was broken until I pulled out and my head was no longer covered. Good times.

Second time it just broke near the beggining, and I was like WtF! so i took it off and put a new one on and continued.
Quote by darkvalentine
Please, please, PLEASE tell me your joking. If you're not you honestly deserve to get smacked.

If you could not detect sarcasm in that post, you have failed.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
IO havent personally had it happen, but i know many friends who have. Unfortunately its usually when theyre done that they notice it broke.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
I can tell there are alot of virgins posting in this thread.....

Quote by denizenz

You sir need to go back to math class. First off (as someone said earlier) the 99% effective is average of couples over a YEARS time. So essentially if your girl on on birth control, AND you use a condom, by your math the odds would be 1 out of 9108 chances combined (correct me if i'm wrong).

Quote by magvol
the reason they break is mostly because ppls put em on wrong. LEARN2PUTONURCONDOMZ

First of all there really is no wrong way to put on a condom. As long as it goes all the way down to the base it's fine. I don't really know what idiot would put it on backwards and when it didn't start to roll down easily say "Man, I have to reach INTO the condom to get it to roll down? What the f*** is up with this?". If someone happens to get that far and that happens, they shouldn't be having sex to begin with because they are a complete moron.

The REAL reason they break is LACK of lubrication. If there is friction in the vag it's just like pulling a rubber band around your finger. It may stretch but if you stretch it too hard it's going to break. Despite popular belief, lube isn't just there for anal sex or a girl that's as dry as the mojave desert, it's to prevent condom breakage (even if they are just a little wet).

Quote by PoisonousRemedy
Go with Durex. Most trusted brand on the market. Especially the 'Her Pleasure' ones that are ribbed and have extra lubrication. Those really shouldn't break, unless your are have sex the wrong way..

You just like to go into the condom aisle with you and your buddies go to the grocery store and laugh don't you? Because that really sounds like you are just repeating an ad you read somewhere. I don't know how you can really have sex the wrong way, it's a peg and a hole. They teach you that game as an infant for a reason lol
Quote by JackFlash19
I can tell there are alot of virgins posting in this thread.....

You sir need to go back to math class. First off (as someone said earlier) the 99% effective is average of couples over a YEARS time. So essentially if your girl on on birth control, AND you use a condom, by your math the odds would be 1 out of 9108 chances combined (correct me if i'm wrong).

I never said anything about using both...and I didn't realize the statistics were couples per year. The math is still correct though...so there.
Quote by JackFlash19
No it's not. Please explain how you got to 2 in 25????

Not big on reducing fractions or factors eh?

If you have 8/100 you can divide both by 4...leaving you with 2/25

Here's a link...I think it's for third graders
I've only had Trojans break on me. Couple of times I think.

Think about it their called trojans, the named after the trojan horse that was used to sneak enemies inside.
Quote by denizenz
Not big on reducing fractions or factors eh?

If you have 8/100 you can divide both by 4...leaving you with 2/25

Here's a link...I think it's for third graders

Ok mr fraction king, you got me. Whatever. But 92% really isn't a correct number. Here's a copy and paste from a medical website,. Even though it is a percentage there really is no telling how many times per year the couples had sex. I know couples who have sex once or twice a day at least, consistently... Then there is always the odds of being unlucky and hitting the 8% on the first try and going 100% ineffective. 1 for 1, oops lol. --->

Q. Are Two Condoms More Effective Than One?

A. I don't know, the statistics are not very available, but I really don't think so.

Update: 2005 - Don't use two condoms at once, the latex rubbing against each other may cause the latex to tear.

Condoms are a very reliable form of sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy prevention. (Especially when used with a spermicide, like foam or contraceptive jelly). In theory, the effectiveness of a condom alone is about 97 percent. The condom's actual effectiveness (taking into account human error; like not using them correctly, putting them on the right way, etc. drops the effectiveness rate down to 80 - 90 percent.

This means 10 - 20 couples out of 100 couples who use condoms over a one year period will have an unwanted pregnancy. However, other sources that I have from working in women's health centers suggest that the condom's effectiveness - when used correctly is about 98% effective. (The maker's of the pill would surely argue with that).

Some people think they can make the condom more effective by wearing two condoms. To this date, I have not been able to find any information about this 'method' being more effective. I think two may actually increase the risk of breakage from latex friction, but that's IMHO.

It may also cause some discomfort for both partners. If using two condoms makes you feel less concerned about STD and pregnancy risk, then this might be a better method for you. Yes, Vaseline really does "eat away" at latex. We tried that once at work and sure enough it destroyed the condom. (Hey, we were researching!)

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Q. What do I do when a condom tears? (Yes, this is on another page, but I thought it belonged here too).

A. Good question. This is a very scary thing! First, don't panic. Here's what to do to help avoid sexually transmitted diseases and an unwanted pregnancy.

1. Wash immediately. Share the news and hit the shower. "Wash yourself with soap and water," says James Trussell, Ph.D., expert on emergency contraception at Princeton University. No studies have shown that soap destroys STDs, "but it won't do any harm, and it might do some good."

2. Show concern. Gently ask her to (a) inspect herself for condom bits, (b) refrain from douching, as that can push in microbes, and (c) use emergency contraception pills. If taken fewer than 72 hours after intercourse, they can prevent pregnancy. She can get them from her doctor or call Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-PLAN.

3. Talk about history. Before you even consider having sex with a anyone, you should talk about history -- not "World War II" kind of history, but how many sexual partners she has been with, etc. If she is infected, and the condom breaks, your risk for getting a sexually transmitted disease ranges from 50 percent for gonorrhea to 0.2 percent for HIV. Should your condom break, have another chat with her about previous sex partners and diseases. "If you're concerned about STDs, see your doctor and get tested within a few days," says Jonathan Zenilman, MD, of the Johns Hopkins University STD Research Group. If you know you were exposed to HIV, ask your doctor about a combination anti-HIV drug treatment. This measure is expensive, controversial and unproven, but it may be your only recourse.

4. Troubleshoot. Did you use an expired condom or an oil-based lubricant? Maybe you nicked the condom with a fingernail while putting it on. Whatever the cause, eliminate it.

A study published in the American Journal of Public Health showed that men who experienced a condom break or slip were twice as likely to do so again. So be careful with condoms, breakage is not common, but it does happen!

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Condom Fact: In the United States every latex condom manufactured is tested electronically for holes before packaging. Condom breakage rates are low in the U.S., no higher than 2 per 100 used. (Data from Trojan Condoms). For more on condoms for men, go to Male Condoms, for information of the female condoms, see Female Condoms...
Page 1 of 3