Are the drums in Enter Sandman tuned down? If so, to what and how do I tell if it's the right tuning and how to get it back to standard tuning.
Quote by IbanezSA160

You are always in my thoughts,
Your eyes are perfect, your body is tight.
Put on this strap on i just bought
And ride my anus into the night.

Quote by Kneusje

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/Kneusje_Drumman/SPARTAAA.jpg[/IMG]
I think the whole song's standard tuning.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Do you mean they sound heavier and such? I don't know much about drums and such, but wouldn't that be from recording the drums in a large empty room with good acoustics or something?
Quote by MuffinxMassacre
Are the drums in Enter Sandman tuned down? If so, to what and how do I tell if it's the right tuning and how to get it back to standard tuning.

I think the whole song is a little slower making everything lower a tad.
thats why the guitar sounds out of tune when playing to it

drums I can tune down on the module to match them exactly though.
You can tune drums but there are no specific ways of tuning them it's just whatever sounds good to you
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by lemon
You can tune drums but there are no specific ways of tuning them it's just whatever sounds good to you

This isn't true...good drummers like Neil Pert and Mike Portnoy will tune drums to the key of a particular song...
You DO tune drums - but generally not to a pitch such as E. I would guess for Metallica you'd ideally need large power size toms, deep snare etc. How you tune your drums is mostly a personal thing - some drummers do like to tune their drums to a concert pitch (eg toms in major thirds) but most don't. It's mostly just keeping your batter heads and resonant heads in tune to get a decent sound. Ask your drum teacher if you have one about tuning your drums - there are lots of resources floating around the internet too. As to whether your drums are in tune with the song or not - use your ears.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Biggish drums and thick heads give you that sound, I think he used Remo Pinstripes back then but Im not sure.

They probably arent tuned to certain notes, drums usually arent.
Then theres studio mixing involved, if you heard just the drum track it would sound a lot different.

Doesnt help much I know but other than tuning your heads to a low resonating tension theres not much you can do.

Nat.

EDIT:
DAMN YOU BEAT ME TO IT lol
Quote by rocker007
As far as I know you can't tune a drum. Also try asking here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8 (The Musician Talk Forum). If they don't know there are better places to ask about drums than a guitar website.

You can tune drums.... just not down..... or to any pitch really. If you don't tune your drums, they sound like ****.
I'm a person.
He probably just used bigger sized shell kits, Maybe some large floor toms. Drums are tuned to a right "Pitch" (You could say) Where they have just enough sustain, and also that they are not too Loose that they rattle and sound like a Seal Coughing.

And when you are tuning drums, Tune one key at the top of the drum, and then do one on the bottom, and thne on the side, and keep doing that. Don't tune them all In a row, or it won't tighten right.
Quote by PinkIsCool
You can tune drums.... just not down..... or to any pitch really. If you don't tune your drums, they sound like ****.

Thanks for the correction