Parataxis was formed out of the remnants of "Bad Panda" and "Ribcage Explosion" in the fall of 2005. We play primarily Instrumental progressive tech metal, but often venture into both heavier and softer sounds.

Influences range from King Crimson to Meshuggah to Dream Theater. Morgan Stuart (me) and Nate Mitchell on guitar, Zack Clegg on bass, and Tom Hamlin on drums.

We recently created a UG Band Profile and put up our new song, Trepanation. Although not completed, the song is a frantic example of the music we write.

Check us out on Ultimate Guitar for the "Trepanation" Mp3 and Myspace for some videos of the band.
Quote by greenday1182
i just heard the most amazing solo ever. it's in a song called "holiday" by green day. its even harder than some of blink 182s stuff!! im gonna learn this solo right now! give it a listen, its really good sounding and not too easy.
Wow, thats quite awesome. I love the two extremes you guys put into your music, like in Trepanation the intro is all sort of calm and then explodes into the frantic attack of guitars and a stuff. I quite enjoyed it when you broke into a section that sounded quite melodic compared to the last.

The fact that Trepanation isn't finished boggles the mind hehe. I couldn' quite tel what was going on but that bit where there are some sweeps or something of the sort with strange harmonys... that was pretty cool, however you guys managed to get that sound in the first place. lol.

Anyway, It's good to see some people are pushing the envelope in this style.
Have fun and don't forget to record more stuff for us, your audience, to take a listen at.

Its probably not to everyones taste in music but I enjoyed what I heard.
Of_Wolves- We are so glad you liked it, we plan to record the first break we get (from college), I'll keep people posted

And thanks for the short but sweet post noverion

Thanks to the both of you again, we really do appreciate it.
Quote by greenday1182
i just heard the most amazing solo ever. it's in a song called "holiday" by green day. its even harder than some of blink 182s stuff!! im gonna learn this solo right now! give it a listen, its really good sounding and not too easy.