Page 1 of 2
has anyone ever had any really funny moments involving metal and the ignorant people out there?

for me, i had to pick a song to correspond to a book we read in my english class (retarded project, considering it's high school ffs) and i ultimately chose Death's 'Lack of Comprehension'. and as i played it (fairly loud) through the computer, the 30 second intro people were like, 'wtf thats Benson? this is freakin' elevator music' and then the heavy part came in (A CONDEMNING-FEAR STRIKES DOWN!) and the whole class + teacher like, jumped and half were near out of breath. good ol' volume swells.

i thought that was funny.
i wore a metallica shirt that says metal up ur ass shirt and this random gay dude told me to behave -_- another time i was wearing this megadeth shirt and this guy started screaming how beautiful that shirt was. weird ppl in ny
Nobody talks to me or understands me because I'm one of the downtrodden elite.

UNITE!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I once get suspended from school on a non-uniform day because I wore a t-shirt with the following emblazened on the back:

"MACHINE

****ING

HEAD!"

It was worth it
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by AvengedThrice
I once get suspended from school on a non-uniform day because I wore a t-shirt with the following emblazened on the back:

"MACHINE

****ING

HEAD!"

It was worth it

Awesome!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I got lots of compliments on my Pantera long-sleeve (the one with Phil standing shirtless on a green background and a huge marijuana leaf on the back). Among them was my grandma who doesn't even know metal exists.

And this next story isn't directly related to metal, but it's close enough:

Kid A from my class: Man, you're not religious, are you?
Me: Well, you could say I identify primarily with the beliefs of satanism...
Kid B: Whoah, you're a satanist? So what, you kill cats and stuff?
Me: No man, satanism isn't about that at all. It's only called satanism in order to differentiate it from christianity.
Kid A: So you don't worship in satan?
Me: No, not really...
Kid C: So who do you worship? Dracula?
Me + A + B: haha
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
I got lots of compliments on my Pantera long-sleeve (the one with Phil standing shirtless on a green background and a huge marijuana leaf on the back). Among them was my grandma who doesn't even know metal exists.

And this next story isn't directly related to metal, but it's close enough:

Kid A from my class: Man, you're not religious, are you?
Me: Well, you could say I identify primarily with the beliefs of satanism...
Kid B: Whoah, you're a satanist? So what, you kill cats and stuff?
Me: No man, satanism isn't about that at all. It's only called satanism in order to differentiate it from christianity.
Kid A: So you don't worship in satan?
Me: No, not really...
Kid C: So who do you worship? Dracula?
Me + A + B: haha

I'm not sure who's sillier.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
This one time at band camp, there was this really hot chick who played the flute. So I talked to her and she asked me what bands I like. Obviously, to impress her, I told her the most brutal and kvlt bands I know, y'know the basic stuff, Insidious Decrepancy, Decapitated Midget Fetus, Ungl'unl'rrlh'chchch and Pissing Razors. But for some reason she laughed at me and told all her friends I was a Devil-Worshipping Smeghead.

Band Camp was the worst time on my life.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Ungl'unl'rrlh'chchch

Holy fucking shit that's an actual band name!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
My religion class last year was taught by a Catholic Brother (e.g. a monk in normal clothes) and he said he couldn't be bothered teaching us so he let us bring in and play a song that we listen to when we want to relax - Mostly it was dance, pop, rap, bit of rock - but there was me and 3 other metalheads in the class so we ended up listening to power metal (me) thrash, and death metal. Nearly everyone complained at the music so he turned all metal songs up to full volume to drown them out, and disrupted everyone on our floor (probably the floors above and below too).

From all the other classes there was a mixture of shouting, insults at metal, and some people singing along. 'Twas a good day.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
i wore a metallica shirt that says metal up ur ass shirt and this random gay dude told me to behave -_-

hahaha
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
I used to have confermation, and one day I wore a Slayer shirt (the one with the eagle and pentagram). anywho, theres this really religious kid, i mean, he like an elitist of the catholic church. So i was hanging with some buds and he comes up to me and says "is that a pentagram" and im like "i guess" and hes like "you know that represents...SATAN!?! you have to take that off were in confermation class thats evil and is anti-faith" so on and so fourth with his jihad extremist like ways.

i wore about 5 more times to class
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't go to college, start a metal band and go on tour.

Quote by (...)

My fate is clear. I must die for metal.
Quote by duncang
I'm not sure who's sillier.

You should be a carpenter.
You always hit the nail right on the head.

Quote by ChrisForce
I used to have confermation, and one day I wore a Slayer shirt (the one with the eagle and pentagram). anywho, theres this really religious kid, i mean, he like an elitist of the catholic church. So i was hanging with some buds and he comes up to me and says "is that a pentagram" and im like "i guess" and hes like "you know that represents...SATAN!?! you have to take that off were in confermation class thats evil and is anti-faith" so on and so fourth with his jihad extremist like ways.

i wore about 5 more times to class

Great job man, I'm Catholic and I make a point not to wear Slayer shirts in a religious setting, because HEY GUESS WHAT, it's disrespectful to everybody around you, like it or not. And people wonder why metalheads get stereotyped the way they do...

anyway, aside from me being a dick...pulling out of the school parking lot with metal playing on my stereo and the windows down is always fun. Peoples' faces are great.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Aug 29, 2007,
Quote by Dyer's Eve
This one time at band camp, there was this really hot chick who played the flute. So I talked to her and she asked me what bands I like. Obviously, to impress her, I told her the most brutal and kvlt bands I know, y'know the basic stuff, Insidious Decrepancy, Decapitated Midget Fetus, Ungl'unl'rrlh'chchch and Pissing Razors. But for some reason she laughed at me and told all her friends I was a Devil-Worshipping Smeghead.

Band Camp was the worst time on my life.

Quote by LedZeppelin
You should be a carpenter.
You always hit the nail right on the head.

Great job man, I'm Catholic and I make a point not to wear Slayer shirts in a religious setting, because HEY GUESS WHAT, it's disrespectful to everybody around you, like it or not. And people wonder why metalheads get stereotyped the way they do...

Wow, you could say the same thing in the exact opposite way. Maybe I get offended when people wear crosses around me. Maybe it's disrespectful to me, and people wonder why christians get sterotyped the way they do.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Wow, you could say the same thing in the exact opposite way. Maybe I get offended when people wear crosses around me. Maybe it's disrespectful to me, and people wonder why christians get sterotyped the way they do.

Umm..Christianity is one of the biggest religions that has existed for 2000 years...Slayer is a band that hasn't even been around 50.

If you're in a conformation class, or whatever it was, you could try and be respectful. Not that there's much you could really do that time, but you don't have to repeatedly wear it to spite anyone.

Anyways I don't really have any good stories. I did hear someone in my math class call Fall out boy metal once, but they're not all there to begin with.
Last edited by technicolour at Aug 29, 2007,
Quote by technicolour
Umm..Christianity is one of the biggest religions that has existed for 2000 years...Slayer is a band that hasn't even been around 50.

I'm sorry, but what has age anything to do with this?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Well, we write journals for a while in English class, and during that the teacher let people play music out loud. I volunteered one day and played Painkiller by Judas Priest.

It did not go over well. People complained that there weren't any lyrics 20 seconds into the song.

I never got to play music again.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I'm sorry, but what has age anything to do with this?

It shows it's large significance to people for being able to last so long?
Quote by CaptainOfSmug

....that made no sense, so I will not dignify it with a response.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Point is, i stuck it to the man...the big man anyways

besides every kid in the class were ghetto ass ****s who could care less about their religion. i only offended one person.
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)

Quote by ChrisForce
Point is, i stuck it to the man...the big man anyways

besides every kid in the class were ghetto ass ****s who could care less about their religion. i only offended one person.

That's one too many

bunch of badasses that play metal in their classroom and enjoy their fellow peers' disgust thus solidifying their apparent br00talness. with judas priest.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
At least use the Death cover.

PUSSIES.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by technicolour
It shows it's large significance to people for being able to last so long?

Paganism has been around longer, does that mean it's even more significant to more people than Christianity?
Quote by LedZeppelin
....that made no sense, so I will not dignify it with a response.

I'm sorry I didn't know you couldn't read.
Anyways, I don't have many stories, except today, I had surgery and I asked when I came out of anastesia (sp?) I wanted to have I am the black wizards playing quietly next to my bed haha, hospitals are cool and nice.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
bunch of badasses that play metal in their classroom and enjoy their fellow peers' disgust thus solidifying their apparent br00talness. with judas priest.

Yes sir, basically.

Quote by raise_the_dead
Paganism has been around longer, does that mean it's even more significant to more people than Christianity?

eh, pwned?
Quote by jthm_guitarist

Quote by (...)

Only thing that I've ever had happen was we had to show some poetry on CDs so I used Mortal Share by Insomnium. The Christian/religious students were offended by it as it comes across lyrically as a song about how the greater being's don't care at all for humanity "too far away to hear at all". My teacher ended up wanting the CD burned hahah, I've seen him at Blind Guardian shows, a few Bodom shows and a GWAR show.
I went to church one time wearing my Inflames - Come Clarity shirt and cause in the shirt his ripping his heart out and showing it, the people in my church instantly thought their was something wrong with me, so i had people coming up to me saying "the shirt your wearing shows us your in distress, whats wrong??" So i have only been back in the past 1 and a half years like twice.

But also before the emo craze took hold and when my hair was at its longest (first time i grew my hair and ive grown it 3 times since then) i dyed my hair black, it was the funniest thing going to church, i keep getting ask if i was alright as well as being told my hair was a mask in which i hid behind. It was really retarded.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Dang I thought they were going to tell you that come calrity was a bad album, that would have been funny :P:
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by GuitarSacrifice
I went to church one time wearing my Inflames - Come Clarity shirt and cause in the shirt his ripping his heart out and showing it, the people in my church instantly thought their was something wrong with me, so i had people coming up to me saying "the shirt your wearing shows us your in distress, whats wrong??" So i have only been back in the past 1 and a half years like twice.

But also before the emo craze took hold and when my hair was at its longest (first time i grew my hair and ive grown it 3 times since then) i dyed my hair black, it was the funniest thing going to church, i keep getting ask if i was alright as well as being told my hair was a mask in which i hid behind. It was really retarded.

You're just saying that as a way to hide your inner turbulence, it's ok. We should pray together sometime, you'll feel better talking to god about it.
well ive been told my shirts are scary and "children of bodom suck, infact all metal sucks, you should listen to led zeppelin"
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by raise_the_dead

..well if there were no crusades..maybe?

Anyways, the point was that faith will be "bigger" then music, and me using that 2000 years thing was my attempt to back it up.
Quote by technicolour
..well if there were no crusades..maybe?

Anyways, the point was that faith will be "bigger" then music, and me using that 2000 years thing was my attempt to back it up.

What do the crusades have to do with paganism?

Yes, of course faith will be bigger than music, I was just pointing out the flaws in that particular argument.
Quote by raise_the_dead
What do the crusades have to do with paganism?

eradication of heretics. Though that also extended to the splinter religions of Christianity that deviated from the main Church, but nonetheless.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by megaderrick
You're just saying that as a way to hide your inner turbulence, it's ok. We should pray together sometime, you'll feel better talking to god about it.

I will admit, you got me to lol.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Quote by Downfall929
well ive been told my shirts are scary and "children of bodom suck, infact all metal sucks, you should listen to led zeppelin"

this happens when retards that don't understand musicianship, voice there opinions on music that they couldn't even get a grasp on even if they wanted to, with their inferior minds, its pathetic.
I brought Midian to PE one time, and the stupid ****ing chav cuunts called it emo
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
eradication of heretics. Though that also extended to the splinter religions of Christianity that deviated from the main Church, but nonetheless.

But the Muslims were never pagans....
Page 1 of 2