one is tube emulation the windsor is all tube...hmmm which one would u guys get.
windsor all the way. ALL THE WAY!

dont even think twice. windsor = awesome, XXL = not bad.

you will kick yourself in a few years when windsors are the new JCM 800.
Depends...If your stuff on those two and nothing else ask your self a few questions, Do you want cleans? Versatility? While i think imo both are great amps, the XXL is plenty more versatile, while the windsor great in its own, is a little more narrowed down to one genre: Rock. But if thats just your thing then go for the windsor, other wise i might look at the XXL.

Plus, are you looking at the half stack versions?
yeah im getting the half stack. has any1 ever tried the xxl and the windsor? please compare the distortions. i want it scoopppeedd and clear!
Quote by glenche
yeah im getting the half stack. has any1 ever tried the xxl and the windsor? please compare the distortions. i want it scoopppeedd and clear!

in that case, the XXL is better OUT OF THE BOX, but i still think your best option is the windsor. it is a very very good replica of the JCM 800, and although it wont get you your scooped tone out of the box, players like kerry king, zakk wylde etc used the JCM, and they can be damn heavy when they wanna . with a good overdrive you would be able to get the tones you want, but better than the XXL.

it all depends on your budget, but as you have already suggested the windsor, my guess is that you can afford it