I have a cheap kramer imperial and I love it. However, the pickups (Quadrails) are insanely bassy with only half ass highs. Also, the sound doesn't really match the genre I'm playing (Classic rock/early metal stuff) so I want to switch out my neck pickup for a P-90 Pickup that will fit a standard pickup mounting ring that also must coil split.

However, the only thing I've found is a "DP210 Tone Zone P90 Humbucker Pickup" which I believe is a soap bar, and thus will not fit easily. I'm looking for some great classic rock tones, and I think a P-90 would be best. However, please recommend any other pickups you think would serve me well.

The requirements are:

-Must fit a standard humbucker mounting ring
-Has the classic tone I'm looking for
-Coil splits

Thank you.
My current ghetto setup:

Crate VC508 (Needs new speaker and pots BADLEY.)
Fender R15
Peavey T-60
Original LPB-1
BBE Sonic Maximizer (rack)
i dont think you can split a P90, maybe try a minihumbucker
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Can't really split a single coil, M'afraid. Try the P-94's or P-100's, same sound but those are humbuckers. Both ose those are built to match a humbucker's slot anyways, so go for it, I'd say
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
You can't, P-90's are singles. Maybe try P-94's or P-100's like Korzack up there suggested.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
My understanding is that a P-94 is still a soapbar, but just single-coil sized.

Just look for three magic words: Four conductor wiring.
Hi, I'm Peter
Gibson makes a P90 that fits humbucker routes, called a P92 or something like that. A real P90 is single coil so it cant be split, but they probably do make one that is humbucking. Otherwise you could always go with a PAF humbucker, which are made by any number of manufacturers, that would give the definitive classic rock tone. Or yeah, minihumbuckers sound cool too, they should fit in the guitar, but probably not the same as a normal humbucker.
^ I agree with this post. You can also try some custom pickup winders. I love Dave Stephens' products. His 'buckers get a nice, open classic tone. You should check them out.

www.sdpickups.com
Hi, I'm Peter
Aye, just checked it now - P-94's are essentially a humbucker that looks (ish) and sounds like a P-90. Not sure about the 4-conductor wiring, I haven't been able to find that out, but I'd presume that's what the 4's for. Hope that helps
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
Try the P-94's or P-100's, same sound but those are humbuckers.

Ah. Thats pretty much what I ment. I know you can't split a single coil and my guitars routed for humbucker anyway, so thats pretty much what I want, but the dimazio one is this only one i found.

And while I would get one custom wired, I'm afraid I don't want to spend more then about 120$ for the pickup so stock would be nice.
My current ghetto setup:

Fender R15
Peavey T-60
Original LPB-1
oh, and if anyone has, I would appreciate recomendations for vintage humbuckers (split or not)

Would anyone recommend the humbucker from hell?
My current ghetto setup:

Fender R15
Peavey T-60
Original LPB-1
I love my PAF's.

Also a huge fan of the Seymour Duncan '59 for classic tone.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
^Okay, I'll agree with that. True, the amp tone's OK for me, but playing my Gibson & then the Epiphone, there's not much difference. Okay, you can tell the quality of the gibson clearly, but could be better. Try having a look at a DSL or something, that'll make whatever you put in F'cking scream!
The rig:
Newcastle United
Quote by forsaknazrael
^^For classic rock? No, not really. I'd stick with something like a Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59.

You still playing through that MG, though...? Don't bother buying new pickups, if you are. It won't make a significant difference. Just save up for a decent amp.

So you disagreed with the first half of my post and then agreed with the second half of my post?
My Music
If you absolutely *must* go Seymour Duncan or one of the over-the-counter brands, try to pick up a Seth Lover model. They're replicas of the original PAF pickups designed by Seth Lover.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, there were two "^", mang. That means, two posts above me. I was saying that I didn't think the humbucker from hell was a good idea.

Ahh... you should quote him to ease confusion. I thought you were saying PAF's were bad but 59's were good.

I put them in the same ballpark.
My Music
the dimarzion tonezone p90 is amazing (i have 1 in the bridge slot on my custom tele)