Today when I changed strings on my Floyd, first time, the Trems position has moved and I can't tune the guitar... help please!
you should stick something under where the whole trem is, i use like a kitchen knife, until all my strings are restrung. make sure when you restring it, that you arent using a different gauge string, cuz i did and my whole trem sank.
that happened to me when i changed my strings...im not sure if im gonna be much help but i'll try to help u if i can.....did you put the same gauge strings on that were already on your guitar?
FRO POWER!!!
i did that when i changed my strings and it caused my trem to be higher...i think what i did was was putting like the same tenstion on each string...like dont be trying to tune 1 string and have the rest all loose...see what im saying?..thts what sk8er did whn he use the knife..he took the tenstion off the strings..pretty sure thats the knifes purpose..
FRO POWER!!!
yeah the knife was there too keep equal tension, and dont change your gauged strings. if you had on 9's before you changed them, you cant put on 10's or 8's (if they even have 8's, idk)
Quote by sk8rMeTaLhEaD27
yeah the knife was there too keep equal tension, and dont change your gauged strings. if you had on 9's before you changed them, you cant put on 10's or 8's (if they even have 8's, idk)

you're stupid
if you put on heavier strings, you need to tighten the springs behind the plate on the back of your guitar. A floating trem needs to be in balance, so if you increase the string tension, you must adjust the bridge accordingly