The slotted kind right? Cause if that's what you're talking about here is what I do (and I'm just assuming that you already know how to string a guitar with regular tuners)
* Snake the string through the bridge and pull it all the way through to the headstock
* Eyeball the amount of string you think that you will need, which is probably an inch or two past the tuner when you pull the string. I'm not really sure though, cause I just eyeball it and it usually comes out fine.
* Cut off the string at the point that you eyeballed earlier
* Stick the string end all the way into the little hole in the center of the tuner
* Bend the string down and wrap it like you would with regular tuners

Sorry if my instructions are a bit sketchy, if I have time I'll restring and take some pics
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Yeah if you're talking about the "vintage slotted" kluson style tuners then what he said ^^

Be generous with the amount of string you leave on the skinnier strings though. It takes a bit of getting used to. I restrung my Esquire for the 3rd time the other day and cut the high E too short and it fell off so I had to buy another set
i did mine differently. i just kinda improvised...

I got the string, wrapped it around the pole once, then laid the end of it on the slot, then pulled it under what i had previsouly wrapped around, pulled each end tight, then tightened it. it help up fairly well, i clipped the strings and stretched them and it worked great.
Looks like it worked out, but here are some pics anyway

pull the string so that it is tight, and cut it where I have it pinched. The amount of excess string that you'll need varies for the different strings, but like TheDev01dOne said, be generous with the amount. Its better to leave too much than to cut off too much.

Jam the string all the way into the hole...

Bend the string into an "L", wrap it around the post and wind it up

And I got about 3 winds out of that

Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...