ok. i live in LA, CA. i want to find a school that will accredit me with a guitar repair class so that if possibl ei could get ajob working at a guitar shop doing the standard... pickup replacement...fretwork....tuner change... etc. i was wondering if anyon eknew any school in LA that i could attend that will accredit me adequately enough to obtain this sort of job. THANK YO VERY MUCH : ]
musician's institute? the gca program sounds like something you'd be interested in..though it's more geared towards future-luthiers instead of mere guitar repair.
Quote by climhazzard
musician's institute? the gca program sounds like something you'd be interested in..though it's more geared towards future-luthiers instead of mere guitar repair.

how hard is it to get a good job being a luthier? I have considered it a career option, but really know nothing about it.
look at phoenix arizona, i was going to go there, but i found one way better in georgia way closer to my house. its an 8 month program i believe, very extensive. but doesnt offer much career wise, it IS accredited though.