i want to boost the gain of my peavey vk100 head, so i was thinkin about getting a zakk wylde od pedal. anyone have any experince with it? also, would it give me enough gain to get a decent (doesnt have to be great) chunck from my practice amp that has no od channel. that would just be for jamming by myslef when a halfstack is too loud.
i <3 my gibson.

proud member of the anti-ibanez milita. my rg1570 was the crappiest guitar i've ever owned.

Quote by Rankles
Christ. I'd hate to see you break a pencil, you'd probably go on a killing spree.
i bought one once, it sounded pretty good but it is extremely noisy
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
crap
Ibanez RG350MDX (black)
Ibanez GAX70 (red)
Ibanez Roadstar II Series
Ibanez ToneBlaster100H Head
Ibanez ToneBlaster100H Cab
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
BOSS NS-2 Noise Supressor
Really nice OD pedal for beefing up an already driven amp. You should be able to get a usable crunch through your practise amp, but it really is designed to boost a good tube amp into a meaty metal sound.

It may be noisy, but a noise gate is a worthwhile purchase for any gigging guitarist.
maybe you should try turning on the amp first, then the od, and the amp off first and then the od. My processor does this as well.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.