what would be a good amp for a gibson explorer i do not no much about amps and please keep it with in the range of $100-$300 also it needs to be able to handal blues and rock well thank you please post to this
Its really not about whats good for the guitar but what styles u wanna play.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Hmmm... I like the Vox AD30VT a lot. It's got a nice vintage tone, perfect for blues but you can turn the knob to NU-METAL and make the amp put on its mean face.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
A Gibson Explorer is a pretty nice piece of kit, and you'll seriously struggle to find something that can do it justice within that price range.
That said, the Roland Micro Cube is a very neat little practise amp that can handle a large range of styles, and should do the trick if just want a small bedroom amp. I don't know how much they retail for in dollars, but it should be easily within your budget.
well nolly what would my price range have to be hired to to get the right lvl of quaility becasue i have 300 on hand so i masde the price range at that so what would you think would be right for it (remember styles i play: blues and rock)
Tubes are the way to go if u want serious distortion with those super-hot pickups. Crate has a very nice series of tube amps called the Palomino series. a 5w will run about $130 i believe. Epiphone alos has a Valve standard combo, which is about $300. rly good amps, especially for the prices. And yea, a Gibson xplorer shouldnt have a dinky little amp, but its a personal choice i guess.

EDIT=Blues n rock means the Epi. But try both with that guitar.
Look into a small tube amp. I suggest the Crate Palomino V8 and V16, Epiphone Valve Junior, or a Fender Champion 600.
^ For 300$ the best you can get is probably the Roland Cube 30X or the Vox AD30VT that I already mentioned.
You could also get one of them full-tube 5watts, but if you play rock you'll probably want distortion and other effects.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
i have a nice effects machine so just a clean tone and im going to high my price range to $800 i dont wanna spend over that tho
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
^ For 300$ the best you can get is probably the Roland Cube 30X or the Vox AD30VT that I already mentioned.
You could also get one of them full-tube 5watts, but if you play rock you'll probably want distortion and other effects.

Distortion comes from pushing the tubes.

All the tube amps I listed are known for having decent cleans.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by SonnyLastz
i have a nice effects machine so just a clean tone and im going to high my price range to $800 i dont wanna spend over that tho

Oh, if you got some effects already go for the tubes man, can't beat 'em.
800$!? Well, maybe a Peavey Valveking? I'm not an expert in valve amps, maybe you could look for a a nice used marshall.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Quote by Hart_Attack
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Distortion comes from pushing the tubes.

I know that dude, but normally those 5watt tube amps only have their natural overdrive.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Quote by Hart_Attack
I would say save up an extra 50 and get either a Crate v16, or Fender Pro/Blues junior.

Edit: wow I saw 800, now that is a huge price range. Maybe either an orange tiny terror, marshall jcm combo, fender twin/deluxe reverb, fender blues deluxe/deville. It depends on what size and wattage you want to go with.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by SonnyLastz
well nolly what would my price range have to be hired to to get the right lvl of quaility becasue i have 300 on hand so i masde the price range at that so what would you think would be right for it (remember styles i play: blues and rock)

I guess I'd normally equate an Explorer with some sort of big valve amp. A decent second-hand Marshall tube combo (40watts or so) would probably set you back a minimum of $600 I'd imagine (I'm kinda stabbing in the dark here though, since I live in the UK!).

However, if you're only looking for an amp to practise with, then you're probably best off taking a look the suggestions that have been made, such as the Vox and the Roland amps mentioned. Don't let a salesman talk you into getting any MG series Marshall or Line6 Spider though!