I'm looking to pick up a fairly good practice amp for my birthday, but I'd like to keep my price under $100. I'd say the best thing to do would be go to a pawn shop, obviously, but if I was going to buy a new amp, what should I get? I like to play a little bit of everything (except for death and nu-metal). I play a bit of country, a lot of rock and hard rock, some classic metal, and I've been thinking of learning a little blues, so I guess I'd probably just need the best all-around amp I can get for $100 or less... any suggestions?
If you can get a Vox AD15VT, or DA5, they're good. Or one of the 10 Watt Kustom amps.
I'd go for a Roland Microcube or a Vox DA5, both are bit over $100 but are well worth it. I'd be leaning toward the DA5 myself
I just searched around on MF, and I was wondering if the Peavey Rage 158 was any good...? just out of curiousity
Toneport if you have a computer. Very versatile. But if you need an actual amplifier, I'd say Roland Microcube.

EDIT: /\ no. And why do you want another practice amp? I just read your sig and you already have a practice amp. I don't see the point in buying a "better" practice amp, if it's just for practice. You should save up your cash and buy a 30 watt tube combo once you start gigging or play with other people.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Aug 29, 2007,
I don't plan to be playing any time soon with anyone else... and most of the people I do play with are on acoustic guitars so I don't need anything too loud. I hate the sound quality of the amp I currently have, so I'd like to get a better sounding one.
Quote by qotsa1998
in addition to the above, look into the Roland Cube series of amps.

As long as it's a Microcube and not a 15x or 20x (those 2 suck ).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Xoth
I don't plan to be playing any time soon with anyone else... and most of the people I do play with are on acoustic guitars so I don't need anything too loud. I hate the sound quality of the amp I currently have, so I'd like to get a better sounding one.

That's cool, if that's what you want. It's your money. I think a good practice amp (by "good' I mean decent quality, tone, and very versatile) is either the microcube or a valvetronix. The Vox DA 5 is decent as well
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Ok, I might be able to get a Micro Cube if I can throw in the extra $25 myself... now, I've been thinking. I want to get myself an Ibanez Jet King 2... it's got a good price, coil splitting-capability, and from what I read from reviews, they're pretty darn good. I've got some cash myself, but I've really been toying with the idea of selling my current guitar and amp... I bought them both together for 250 bucks, and I think I could make it seem like it's worth a lot more if I advertise it in the classifieds for 120 dollars and mention I bought them for $250. My SG has a couple of scratches on it (a white one next to the strap nut on the back from a fall and a spot in the paint that chipped off on the headstock when I bumped it into a wall) but neither are visible when you're running around so I thought I might be able to sell it off as a "beginner guitar" to someone who's looking for a cheap setup... Should I sell my guitar and amp to make some extra money then get a Micro Cube and a Jet King?
If you find a Jet King that feels and sounds better than your SG, then go for it.
I like Peavey Transtubes the best of all solid states. More tubey than any other, indestructible and nice price.
I think a good practice amp (by "good' I mean decent quality, tone, and very versatile) is either the microcube or a valvetronix. The Vox DA 5 is decent as well

+1

You might consider a 5W tube amp, like the Epi Valve Junior.
Oh and just to clarify, when I was talking earlier about the Peavey Rage I meant the TransTube one, but does that make a lot of difference on whether I should get it or not?