Okay I've read the only lesson I found on here and I found it kinda confusing. Actually, I did understand, but I tried and yeah I don't quite get it. Basicly I'm trying to play Are you dead yet? by Children of Bodom. On the intro, Alexi uses a pinch harmonic on 6th fret, 5th string. Basicly here's the riff. I took off the PM and all as I have no problems with those, and I only let the PH there.

P.H.
|---------------------------------------|
|------5----5-6-5---------5----5-6--|
|-0-0----0-----------0-0----0-------|

Basicly it's the last note. I tried pulling off pinch harmonics at other places on the neck, such as 2nd string, 12th fret, which is kinda easy. But when I try it with the 6th fret on 5th rope, it just sounds wrong. If you can tell me which technique of pinch harmonics(from the lessons) is the best, or how I should try, or w/e else, It'd be very appreciated. Oh and I'll add, I'm used to "normal" harmonics, only the pinch ones give me troubles. Thanks a lot
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6

|------5----5-6-5---------5----5-6--|
|-0-0----0-----------0-0----0-------|

But when I try it with the 6th fret on 5th rope, it just sounds wrong.

just because you called a string a rope, im not helping you
It depends where you pick the note. Just pick up and down the string until you find it. For me its roughly in the place between the two humbuckers.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by NecroTrane
That riff is a rip off of Metallica's Blackened.

Now that I think about it, it does sound familiar...
but then again most of Metallica's early songs are Mustaine's so whatever.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by NecroTrane
That riff is a rip off of Metallica's Blackened.

No, it's not. Different tunings, totally different groove, different exits out of the riff.

Quote by jpgilbert701
It depends where you pick the note. Just pick up and down the string until you find it. For me its roughly in the place between the two humbuckers.

Dead on. Just slide up and down the string until you find the right node. You'll have to move really small increments to find it, but it shouldn't take more than half a minute.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.
i always find it hard to get pinch harmonics to sound on the low strings but perhaps its cause i have three single coil pickups?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by martyr1130
just because you called a string a rope, im not helping you

Yes... yes... sorry about that, I'm traducting from french to english basicly everytime I speak in english. If you noticed, I called it a string before calling it a rope. I'm acually surprised by myself... a rope... I should pay more attention

And to those saying it's a rip off of Metallica's Blackened, I can just say : LOL. I've known how to play Blackened for years, and it's actually VERY different of Are you dead yet? And heck even if it was a rip off, that's just way off-topic. I asked for help on playing a song, not for kiddish comments like that. And oh like the other guy said, it's not like Metallica didn't rip it off someone else. Basicly half their songs are rip offs, I can recall listening to a song that sounded EXACTLY like Sanitarium a while ago, and the band playing happened to be a band Lars listened to.

And on topic, thanks for the help others, it's very appreciated. I'ma try that out.

EDIT: I'm watching this vid and learning the song: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=f3SogfQF6po

From what I see on the vid, he's actually fretting normally(at least from what I see), and he uses bend/vibrato. Is it actually possible to use those with harmonics? Cause from what I read and experienced myself, it's not.

Finally, which techniques of pinch harmonics would you guys recommend me, at least for this song?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Aug 29, 2007,
Advance Tech forum.

CLOSED.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7