I still plan on buying a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser soon but now I'm not too sure.

It's meant for metal, and yeah, I play metal...but not ONLY metal. I play rock and soft music as well, so...
Is this guitar gonna sound like crap clean? I've read reviews and they contradict each other so here I am asking UG...

Link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_schecter_c1_hellraiser_electric_guitar?full_sku=513105%2e001

(All black)
depends on ur amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
hellraiser is a GREAT choice for metal, but it does sound good for other stuff too

if your looking to play a lot of cleans tho, i would recommed either getting a different guitar or switching the neck pup out for a EMG 61

and as stated above, your amp has a lot to do with it also

my friend has a hellraiser, and he plays stuff by greenday as well as metallica, so you can get a versatile sound, you just gotta tweak it the right way

also, i would get the FR version if you got the money
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
Quote by Stupified
Not a lot of clean, 70% metal.

i would say this guitar would do ya good then
My Myspace
My Covers

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
Quote by Stupified
Not a lot of clean, 70% metal.

so do you have an amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Well yes I HAVE an amp...a GOOD amp? No. My friend proposed a Vox or Line 6 but I'm gonna go to GC and test some out this weekend.
people always dog on line 6 spiders, but i love them cuz they give you a lot of versatility and options for the price

and unless i sit my spider down next to a mesa dual recto, i cant tell that much of a difference

another option would be a roland cube
My Myspace
My Covers

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
The Hellraiser is fine for anything except jazz (and a jazz player might argue with that.) A good tube combo would serve you well. Look use for the best deals in everything but the 5 watt range. The Crate Palamino would be a great practice amp ($200.) Also Peavey Transtube series if you want a little more power on the cheap and still want a somewhat tubey sound.
hey check ur PMs. ^

also check out peavey windsors.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

get a randall amp... please? or Laney. =]

The hellraiser sounds really good for cleans, but, its a metal guitar. Its all in your fingers really. a guitar with decent pickups and a proper setup will sound good if the player knows what he/she is doing.