i took my emg off randomly(yea i'm weird), there's these 2 springs that are on the chrome screws, do i need them? it's really annoying me tryin to put it back on
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
yeah, they keep the pickup in place unless you screw them all the way in, but then the pickup would be sticking way out, the screws don't go all the way down when in the right place, so if ya move around, the pick up would too.
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
yeah, its probably a good idea. thats why you dont take your pickups out without pupose. when i changed my pickups, it was a pain in the ass getting those screws back on
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
haha, nice dude. it takes forever to get those back in.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
gah....
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
w00t i'm done..
never doing that again..if i wanna switch pickups i'll pay some idiot to do it.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
If you do it a couple times it wont seem so hard. There is a bit of a trick. Put the screws through the pick guard keep your fingers on em and flip it over. Put the springs on and the press the pickup down until the screw just touches. You can usually start em with your fingers once started it wont fall apart. But I used to work on cars so got a knack for putting things together.
now my guitar sounds like crap..i think the little wires might have unplugged from each other while i was screwdrivering or trying to get the springs on..i think i'm gonna call a repair place and see how much they charge.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
ouch dude just bring it to the local shop and ask them to fix it i mean the most work it's gonna be is the dude re-connecting wires, and if he's nice he'll do it for free if not $20 , tops
Cancer.