I don't mean "I can't tremolo pick quickly" or "I can't tremolo pick clean-ly". I just can't do it at all. I can anchor (palm on bridge), but I'm quite slow at it, and it doesn't give the right effect. I don't think it's an issue of not practicing enough, because I've been working on it for months and getting nowhere, so I think I'm doing it wrong.

Does anyone have any tips? I know I'm not being very specific, but I don't know how to describe what I'm currently doing. Just ask if you need to know anything.
Use your pinky and ring finger on the guitars body as an anchor this will feel umcomfotable at first but will help alot....resting your palm on the bride helps but not much....and just remmember keep practicing good luck...hope i helped
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
are you picking from your wrist or arm? cause my trem picking is all arm. which is probably not a good thing.

btw, why does everybody get so jumpy about anchoring? is it that bad?
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Instead of anchoring to the bridge, try planting your pinky somewhere on the guitar body and anchor that way. I place it on the body just below (right side of pickup if you hold your guitar vertically w/ p/ups facing you) the bridge pickup, as does John Petrucci. Unfortunately, I can't tell you if it's your anchoring technique or your playing in general that's hampering you unless I watch you play. Sorry.
Quote by djn419
are you picking from your wrist or arm? cause my trem picking is all arm. which is probably not a good thing.

btw, why does everybody get so jumpy about anchoring? is it that bad?

lol, I'm the same way. as for getting jumpy about anchoring... it's a controversial technique. but yeah, you can probably trem pick better if it comes from your wrist.
Quote by Nightfyre
lol, I'm the same way. as for getting jumpy about anchoring... it's a controversial technique. but yeah, you can probably trem pick better if it comes from your wrist.

+1
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
guess i'll have to relearn trem picking.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85