Im almost 100% sure this has been in here but iv never seen it.
So im planning to buy an HSS Strat, iv never played one but still want to buy one.
Iv seen the USA ones and the Mexi ones, and have notice there's a huge price difference.
Why exactly is that? Is a USA Strat really worth the extra $600-$700(im going off of MusiciansFriend)
And what kind of sound difference would the humbucker at the bridge make? should i go with a Standard Strat instead?
Gear:
Ovation Celebrity GC28

PROUD MEMBER OF SLASHISM
PM slashs_#1_fan To Join
Member #17 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Dont forget that factory are only like 75 miles apart or something.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by OneRust

Congratulations on being today's "MIA vs MIM Thread" starter.

Muffin for you!

Do a forum search.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
dude the mexican ones suck compaired to the american. the sound is so much more mature and full on the american, and the action and **** is a little bettre tho its not too different. i have a mexican and my friend in my band has the american, and believe me theres a pretty big difference if you care that much about sound. but really you should play the guitars for yourself, everyone has there own preference
^Don't listen to him.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
they are virtually the same, the american ones just have better quality control, and upgraded hardware. Id buy a mexican strat, after playing it ofcourse, and slowly upgrade it. but thats just me.
Quote by newyork10
dude the mexican ones suck compaired to the american. the sound is so much more mature and full on the american, and the action and **** is a little bettre tho its not too different. i have a mexican and my friend in my band has the american, and believe me theres a pretty big difference if you care that much about sound. but really you should play the guitars for yourself, everyone has there own preference
bullcrap.

Now there's a night and day difference between standard americans and standard mexican guitars.

But the difference between Mexican Classic Series guitars and Standard Americans is really negligible. I'd even take a 60s Telecaster over a American Telecaster, they're that good.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I've been looking into the highway 1 strats as well - American made but a fair bit cheaper. They're roughly equivalent to the Mexi classic players/deluxe players in price (this side of the pond at least). Go and play some and decide for yourself. Bear in mind that for instruments in general you will pay a lot of money for that extra 5%.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Got to agree with MrCarrot

I went out to buy a mexican Tele, played an American as well, just to see the difference, and that was enough for me.

I haven't found a bad point about the American yet. The Mexican's are pretty good, but the American's are in a different league.
If you're willing to spend the cash, just get a Carvin Bolt .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
what about highway one's, are those USA or Mexi, they're about $200 more than a regular Strat are they worth it?
Gear:
Ovation Celebrity GC28

PROUD MEMBER OF SLASHISM
PM slashs_#1_fan To Join
some mexican strats i prefer more then most american ones. like the classic players 50's and 60's. the standard mexican is fine too, i would just either get the classic players 50's or 60's and keep it stock. or buy a standard and use the remaining money on some new pickups and other hardare and stuff.
American strats actually ARE better than the Mexicans but thats basically because of the components used in the guitar but its a really tiny difference. if your like a stickler for details then basically...Americans buff up their insides to the max even the soldering is done with gold so that the little magnetic transfers in there are top notch. the hardware is all the same, all the pickups are all the same so differences are kinda small.

Edit: not sure about the strats but i know the tele is cheaper than normal teles on the highway one series but theyre all american made.
Quote by AntwanL
what about highway one's, are those USA or Mexi, they're about $200 more than a regular Strat are they worth it?

H1's are a little better than the Standard IMO, but not worth $200 difference. And yes they are American made.

To be honest I'd go for a 50s or 60s Classic Players' strat, probably the best all round value for money. Plus you get a custom shop neckplate. Which is hot.
Quote by mark_wuk
Got to agree with MrCarrot

I went out to buy a mexican Tele, played an American as well, just to see the difference, and that was enough for me.

I haven't found a bad point about the American yet. The Mexican's are pretty good, but the American's are in a different league.

exactly
to me MIM standard strats feel cheap- like toys not guitars
the american strats are well made instruments that will last you a lifetime
now i dont know about some of the upgraded mexian strats but they seem really good
if i were you i would by an american standard used and then down the road you can upgrade it if you want alhough you wont really have to
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by Novical
American strats actually ARE better than the Mexicans but thats basically because of the components used in the guitar but its a really tiny difference. if your like a stickler for details then basically...Americans buff up their insides to the max even the soldering is done with gold so that the little magnetic transfers in there are top notch. the hardware is all the same, all the pickups are all the same so differences are kinda small.

Edit: not sure about the strats but i know the tele is cheaper than normal teles on the highway one series but theyre all american made.

the hardware is the same?
no ****in way
please dont post things you know arent true
and the pickups are the same?
NO WAY
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
I am just buying a standard strat for my next guitar because i liked the feel of the guitar.

But

If you can get a japanese
Kicks MIA all over
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Iv got an Epiphone Les Paul and thats good enough for me for now, I was thinking of buying a LP Menace though, I want something with single coils that arent P90s and a Fender cuz i dont have anything Fender other than clothes lol
Gear:
Ovation Celebrity GC28

PROUD MEMBER OF SLASHISM
PM slashs_#1_fan To Join
Do they make the Classic Player Strats in HSS?
Gear:
Ovation Celebrity GC28

PROUD MEMBER OF SLASHISM
PM slashs_#1_fan To Join
Quote by AntwanL
Do they make the Classic Player Strats in HSS?

Sorry, but why do you need a HSS Strat when you have a Les Paul? You've just said you wanted single coils. Aren't you being slightly hypocritical?

Most of the magic of a Strat comes from the fact it has the SSS configuration. If you get an SSS, I can guarantee you'll be much happier with the knowledge that you have two different sounding guitars that are good at what they do, rather than a humbucker in a Strat which bears no resemblance to it's genuine tone and versitility.
wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today didn't they? Can you say reported in that little pissed off voice?
Quote by newyork10
**** you pussy ill **** you up

Dude, yeah, kick his e-ass.

Anyway, yeah it doesn't make sense to me why you want a HSS strat when you said you wanted to switch the single coil. Strats are strats when they are SSS.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
almost... almost, then i can say that my MIM strat would own an MIA or highend MIMs, or match MIJs. but not quite yet...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard