I've read that Streetlight Manifesto uses a Schecter Stiletto Studio-5 bass. However, is there anything else that anyone knows of that he uses to get his tone? Should I take tips from the "Jazz EQ" thread on the front page or what?
I think he uses a fretless Studio, but don't quote me on that.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
He uses Warwicks as well. I just saw them live and thats what he had. I'm pretty sure it was a Double Buck, but it was hard to see with the lighting. Confused is right though he also uses a fretless Schecter in the studio, as well as the Warwicks from his live rig.
He actually records with a fretless? It sure sounds a hell of a lot cleaner than "Keasbey Nights" if he does. I saw them live and he used a fretted, which may have been the Warwick you were referring to.
Quote by Hergiswi
He actually records with a fretless? It sure sounds a hell of a lot cleaner than "Keasbey Nights" if he does. I saw them live and he used a fretted, which may have been the Warwick you were referring to.

Cleaner than which Keasbey Nights...Catch 22's or Streetlight's? Either way, Catch 22's (the original) had lower quality studio equipment, and the Streetlight version had a new bassist altogether.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Catch 22's. I like their tone, but the bassist seems off a lot of the time. With Streetlight's version, I'm pretty sure it's a fretted bass. I could have sworn that I heard a fretted bass being used in Everything Goes Numb too, but maybe I'm wrong.
Quote by Hergiswi

yeah he records on a fretless....how else could all the slides in keasbey nights be so clean on the record? he plays it without the slides live on a fretted warwick.