so i was looking at this warwick on the internet and noticed tht the scale length of the neck was 34 inches and most of the 5 stringers ive seen/used are 35 inch scales. whats the significance of the two different lengths????
i think, not 100% on it but i THINK
it like varies the tuning or something by length not tension
the longer the neck the lower the note so with the length longer the note would be lower and to get standard the string has to be tighter so it dosent flop as much, and with a shorter one the strings seem like they would jsut be floppier

thats just kinda my guess going from common sence
if im wrong i appologize

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Narcotics
i think, not 100% on it but i THINK
it like varies the tuning or something by length not tension
the longer the neck the lower the note so with the length longer the note would be lower and to get standard the string has to be tighter so it dosent flop as much, and with a shorter one the strings seem like they would jsut be floppier

thats just kinda my guess going from common sence
if im wrong i appologize

i think ur right i heard tht from somwhere
woot,
logocally thinking 1
actually researching 0

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
The extra inch has only one advantage, it makes the low B less floppy.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i play a 34 incher 5 the b string isnt floppy it started that way then i put heavier guage strings on .... it got better for some reason lol i didnt think heavier strings would change nething
Quote by DeAd-RiP
i play a 34 incher 5 the b string isnt floppy it started that way then i put heavier guage strings on .... it got better for some reason lol i didnt think heavier strings would change nething

what kind of bass is it
Scale length only really affects the string tension (and distance between frets, but that's another deal)

jazz_rock_feel: what gauge strings do you use?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
the extra length does not make the notes "lower" because a note is a note, get it? It just adds more tension giving it a fatter and (i think) better sound.