Any good methods of losing 10-15 pounds... really fast?

I'm around 6'0" tall.

weigh 195 pounds

I've acquired a doey physique over the past year and I want to get rid of it.. Schools about to start so I want to look sexy <3

I use a medicine ball a few days out of the week... I've cut down on my junk food and overall food intake, but I don't seem to be getting any thinner...

Any suggestions?
I think about life, and then I think about death, and neither one particularly appeals to me..
Bulimia?

Anyways, Just do regular exercise, running and swimming are great, do a few weights and eat healthy it's really all you can do right now. unless you wanted to get surgery or something.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
If there was an easy way to lose weight, there would be a lot less fat people. It'd probably be easier to build up muscle instead of lose fat, which is basically what I did, but if you really want to lose a lot of weight fast, run 5-6 miles every day, drink slimfast for every meal but dinner, and have lots of sex.

Or just be alright with being chubby, much simpler
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by akaDan
It takes time?

orly?

I've been at it for at least a month, but no results.

and I prefer to call myself doey rather then chubby
I think about life, and then I think about death, and neither one particularly appeals to me..
Exercises:
- HIIT (Hight Intensity Interval Training, Google it)
- Lifting weights (Google it so you know how to, as you need to not just lift weights, you need to do it the right way)

...and last:
- You absolutely NEED to be able to maintain a proper diet.

EDIT: This does not mean "eat nothing, it means eat healthy. Again: Google.

If you are not seeing results, and you are still doing everything right, then you probably are in that phase where it is not that noticeable (can't remember what it's called). Think of it as steps, and this step just takes a bit longer to get over. Just stick with it and stay motivated.

Also, what is "really fast"? Most people usually have to high expectations when it comes to these things.

EDIT 2: Oh, and protein is good for you. If you are considering taking supplements, pure whey protein is what you want. Take it after working out, and before going to sleep (or just anytime, it's still good for you). Most of the rest of the miracle medicines are 95% bull****, 5% mental.
Last edited by whoismilan at Aug 30, 2007,
You might be able to lose that much really fast. But you would put it back on right away.

I myself have biked ~3 hours a day for about 2 weeks now.

July I managed around 5 miles a day on the bike at a medium tension.
I also do stomach workouts, doing hundreds is pointless (you may know this). Once you feel the burn it's enough.
And a little note, 1 pound of muscle requires around 60 calories more a day. So if you pile on muscle then you can eat a little more then average.
It's all really about finding your Basal Metabolism Rate and not eating more then that, then working out. 1/3 of your total calorie intake should be fat. (I don't really pay attention to fat).
You may know this but
1 gram of fat = 9 calories
1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories
1 gram of protein = 4 calories
1 gram of alcohol = 7 calories (lay off drinking lots of beer, if you want to get smashed I recommend sticking to hard liquor )

Biking and running are the best exercises for losing weight. Swimming is up there to.
Last edited by adubs at Aug 30, 2007,
In b4 heroine/crack/cocaine.

Anyway, yeah, there really isn't a healthy way to lose that much weight really fast. It'd probably take a couple weeks at least.
fasting?? mehh???? meehhhhhh??
Quote by MisfitsBass138
fasting?? mehh???? meehhhhhh??

Never a good idea. Causes the body to store food (as fat) when you finally do eat, and makes you lack energy to burn fat.
amputation FTW
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
You don't need to fast.

Foods that are high in fibre are good. Despite it being a carb and adding to the total calorie count (which really is a load of crap, but it makes health officials happy).

I love watermelon and apples. Stay away from dairy products as much as you can (but don't cut them out completely). Protein isn't the best thing to be eating unless you have a low body fat and trying to build muscle.
I decided to loose weight last week, and a few months ago I set a date for becoming a vegan to the 1st of September... so yep, I'm gonna have lots of excersise and healthy vegan food.

Not saying do that though, the two things are for completely different reasons.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by thrashster
amputation FTW

I actually retract my first statement, If you take off both arms you can lose a good 10 - 20 pounds fast.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Do a barrel roll.

Seriously though, eat less crap and go jogging every day. It really is that simple.
I once did the stupidest thing in my life, losing 13 kg in 3 months..
The price was Gallbladerectomy, I got stones in my Gallblader and removed it surgically and now I can't eat fat food or meat or dairy for 4 months.

The normal way is to lose 1-2 kg per month. More than that is dangerous for your health.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.