i had to learn 4 classical songs in the summer vacation but i completely forgot a bout them and now i still have to do them all ! and my dad says if i 'don't do my best then i'll stop paying for your lessons'. he'll probably think i just didn't want to learn them... and then i'd have to quit guitar !!! my lesson is in 2 days... what should i do ??
Find the 4 easiest songs you can, get off UG, and start practising.

+!p3: Oh... you dont get to choose...
Quote by Sh*tPump
learn the songs? how long are they?

it's too late to learn them now, they're all about 3 pages each, and quite hard...
Quote by The Masterplan
i had to learn 4 classical songs in the summer vacation but i completely forgot a bout them and now i still have to do them all ! and my dad says if i 'don't do my best then i'll stop paying for your lessons'. he'll probably think i just didn't want to learn them... and then i'd have to quit guitar !!! my lesson is in 2 days... what should i do ??

Just 'do your best'. Normally when parents say that, they mean 'do your best', not '**** off and die if you don't get it perfect'. Unless your dad's a ****face, in which case, lamp him one.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Kill everyone.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
if you just tell your dad that you absolutely forgt all about it and that you did the best you could in two days, he'll understand.
Quote by Guitar_Jester
You could also learn guitar without any lessons...I did and it turned out great!^^

And me!

~ Billie Joe Armstrong
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
yea man fuck lessons. i learnt how to play in like a month without lessons. as long as you have a guitar and computer you should be fine
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by break-me-in
And me!

~ Billie Joe Armstrong

Let that be a lesson for all of you. Take lessons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To TS: jus do your best to master one and tell your teacher and dad that you completely forgot.It's probably best to have one perfect then four crappy songs.
Quote by jeff541
yea man fuck lessons. i learnt how to play in like a month without lessons. as long as you have a guitar and computer you should be fine

depends how you define ''learnt how to play''.

Unless you're a prodigy take lessons- and even if you're a prodigy take lessons.
Quote by Surfer Rosa
depends how you define ''learnt how to play''.

Unless you're a prodigy take lessons- and even if you're a prodigy take lessons.

by learn to play, i meant i learnt how to play a guitar. whats so hard to understand? i never said how well i play.
last.fm
Just curious...What are those 4 songs?
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Quote by jeff541
by learn to play, i meant i learnt how to play a guitar. whats so hard to understand? i never said how well i play.

... I don't think he can make his point any clearer than it already was, so I'm just going to say that you cannot possibly learn to really play in 1 month. By really play, I mean with good technique and theory knowledge.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
How the hell do you forget the songs. I mean, they give you all summer, and if your really into guitar, wouldn't you be playing really quite often? I just fail to see how you conveniantly forgot? If I was your dad I wouldn't wanna pay for your lessons either, they 're not cheap ya know. And plus, you don't even need lessons to learn guitar, its a big help, but it's not, like you'll never get any better if you don't take them.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by break-me-in
... I don't think he can make his point any clearer than it already was, so I'm just going to say that you cannot possibly learn to really play in 1 month. By really play, I mean with good technique and theory knowledge.

um i played piano for 3-4 years so i kno like everythin about theory. and as far as the technique goes, i dunno i can play some songs but there mostly open chords but thats all i really want to learn
last.fm
dude you can;t know "everything" about theory just from playing piano for three years.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Quote by dustinrhocks4
dude you can;t know "everything" about theory just from playing piano for three years.

k there firecrotch.
last.fm
wat song are they??
benchiefjr
UG's Metalcore Guitarist

four times the fun

I want to go river-rafting on top of them

yeah what songs are they?
i totally forgot all my sheet music when i went to my lesson yesterday.. i had to wing it all :P
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by jeff541
um i played piano for 3-4 years so i kno like everythin about theory. and as far as the technique goes, i dunno i can play some songs but there mostly open chords but thats all i really want to learn

ahahhaah everything about theory. Well if someone told me they could play and just played a song with open chords I'd be disappointed.But since that's all you want I won't flame

Lol my guitar teacher's great because he doesn't remember what you did last week so if you screwed it up bad or something you can just say you were doing something else.
Quote by Surfer Rosa
ahahhaah everything about theory. Well if someone told me they could play and just played a song with open chords I'd be disappointed.But since that's all you want I won't flame

Lol my guitar teacher's great because he doesn't remember what you did last week so if you screwed it up bad or something you can just say you were doing something else.

I agree with this whole post. I even have a similar guitar teacher.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT