um hi. i play guitar for my highschool band and i have to come up with two solos to "Boogie wonder land" by earth wind & fire. I ussually play Metal and switching to that is kind of hard for me becuase i'm not sure what to play. At practice yesterday I tried to make the solo out of the minor pentatonic in the key of A(the part I solo is in the key of "A"). It didn't sound so great, so I was wondering if someone had any advice for which scales to use or something.
If the song is in A Major, then you'd want to be using the the A major pentatonic, the relative minor of which would be F# Minor pentatonic, so if that's the case, just use the F# minor pentatonic.
I don't know if that makes sense, but if you give some more information I could try and help out more.
If you're playing a minor scale over a major progression then it will sound wrong. Check to see if it's Major or Minor etc (I dunno i've never been into Earth Wind and Fire...bassist is good though)

A major

E---2/14---4/16---5/17
B---2/14---3/15---5/17
G---2/14---4/16---

/ indicates where you'd play it after the 12th....duh!

Hope that helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
well i gotta go to school right now, so thanks for the info. u guys just saved my ass