well ideally you would have the chords keep going and someone solos over the top, then it slows downs, speeds up to climax, and then cuts down to just the chords (no drums), and then stops
you might wana try adding some more chords to the mix...i could only tell you switching between D and G..so why dont you try some other ones

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
change the key, tempo, and time signature.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by A-Chilton
Ok so me and my friend are coming up with a new song and we wan't ito be instrumental no lyrics but the only problem is after a while the guitar sounds repetative and i can't think of anything to add. http://youtube.com/watch?v=cLJXyPH5-A8 thats the video please give me some ideas

You know why it sounds repetitive? Because it is, add more parts, a mid 8, more of a change between verse and chorus, more interesting chords than just open chords maybe even some lyrics, who knows? More in general, just not more of the same.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you guys look like you're 12. hahah, just kidding, but i would suggest a few more fills on the drums. also, if this were my song, i'd add some soloing over top, preferably on piano, but thats my opinion. i like the progression, nice work.
Quote by third-eye
you guys look like you're 12. hahah, just kidding, but i would suggest a few more fills on the drums. also, if this were my song, i'd add some soloing over top, preferably on piano, but thats my opinion. i like the progression, nice work.

hahaha we're actually 14. u know what they say, the camera takes off a few years and pounds haha. thanks for the help and compliment
If you know bar chords, ( i personally love em) you could maybe throw in a couple, i dunno just a suggestion.
I think you should play the beginning progression like you do however when you hit that last chord that you end on at the end of your video let the chord ring and ride without strumming anymore and have the drums stop with the cymbol which he hits there anyway then build the song back up...maybe play the same chords but finger pick them and slowly build back up.

Kind of like Led Zeppelins "Thank You" song...click link and lisen to it
http://youtube.com/watch?v=17-hu1E1bYg
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Last edited by D_Vincent at Aug 31, 2007,