Ok, I want to buy this to record vocals and my acoustic guitar. If I were to buy a mixer to help, would I hook the mic to the mixer, and then the mixer to this recorder?

Also, do you know what kind of cables I would need for this? I really don't know anything about recording or electronics.
Thanks for your help.
you know you could get a much better setup for less money than that analog unit, right?

have a look at the UX1
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-TonePort-UX1-USB-RecordingModeling-Interface?sku=249700
you are not limited to 4 tracks on this and youll have both better preamp and mic connections with this unit.

Just toss in a good mic for guitar. I suggest the Shure SM57 dynamic mic as the UX1 interface and your recorder there don't have +48v phantom power for condenser mics.
if you do upgrade down the road to a condenser mic you can always get a phantom power box.

Overall I would stay away from that recorder you posted a link to
and to answer your question, you would not need a mixer with that recorder because it has preamps and 4 channels all in one package although the preamps would not be anything near good in that unit...
A mixer would do nothing to "help" you out - in fact a mixer would do nothing at all.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Yeah a mixer wouldnt help you at all for that. If your wanting to record your acoustic and vocals seperate just get a small usb interface. Some of them even have two inputs that you could record both at the same time if you had two mics. You wouldnt even need the tascom thing you listed there if you got a interface and a couple mics. It would also be better quality as well.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Quote by moody07747
you know you could get a much better setup for less money than that analog unit, right?

have a look at the UX1
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-TonePort-UX1-USB-RecordingModeling-Interface?sku=249700
you are not limited to 4 tracks on this and youll have both better preamp and mic connections with this unit.

Just toss in a good mic for guitar. I suggest the Shure SM57 dynamic mic as the UX1 interface and your recorder there don't have +48v phantom power for condenser mics.
if you do upgrade down the road to a condenser mic you can always get a phantom power box.

Overall I would stay away from that recorder you posted a link to
and to answer your question, you would not need a mixer with that recorder because it has preamps and 4 channels all in one package although the preamps would not be anything near good in that unit...

So if I bought the Line 6 thing, what kind of cable would I need to hook it into my computer?
It would use an included USB cable. Do you have firewire on your computer? If so the Mackie Onyx Satellite is probably a better option.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Definately go for a computer multitrack software program instead of that TASCAM MF-P01 Recording Bundle.

After you buy a Line 6 TonePort UX1 USB Recording/Modeling Interface or some other interface you may want you can then buy a multitrack software program.

Mixcraft 3 is cheap to buy and has real drum loops...also you can try before you buy...under $50...I recommend it...its what I use...price was right.
Screenshot and link.
http://1000watts.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=mr&action=display&thread=1177038701

Here is an image of Shure SM57 microphone...(best mic for the price)
http://1000watts.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=mr&action=display&thread=1187319003
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
I wouldn't go tape, especially tape at that low of quality. Computers recording is the way to go, and you can get things done at a much higher quality with far more options at an affordable cost. These guys seem to be suggesting appropriate software and hardware. So use your judgment.
One last question. So if I buy that Line 6 thing, I still need computer software like Audacity?