Poll: Do you believe in ghosts?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes
41 34%
No
47 39%
Mehbeh...
33 27%
Voters: 121.
I in all my days have never seen or have known someone who has seen a ghost. Do you believe they exist? I personally think it's all a mental thing. Like, if you're really scared for some reason at night you think you see something then you blink your eyes and it's gone. Explain.
Seeing as just last night I had a whole bunch of bizarre experiences, yes, I think I do.

To clarify, I didn't see anything, I heard things and I felt a poke, but that could all be done subconsciously, obviously (though I did have someone with me to clarify the noises, as far as where and when they occurred). The icing on the cake, however, was the fact that we had the billiard balls racked up, we heard them break, and upon checking them out they were scattered across the table with some even in the pockets. Unless I am in some way gifted with telekinesis, which I'm pretty sure I am not, I don't know how that could be done via one's own subconscious.
[SIZE=
Last edited by SupImJimmy at Aug 30, 2007,
i don't it's all phsycological
i hate all those nasty pasty people

:stickpoke i like to poke people

the fighter pilot of the a7x army
As someone who has worked in a nursing home for 5 years, I definitely believe in ghosts. I've seen a few as well. I've seen residents who were long past.
Quote by SupImJimmy
Seeing as just last night I had a whole bunch of bizarre experiences, yes, yes I do.

To clarify, I didn't see anything, I heard things and I felt a poke, but that could all be done subconsciously, obviously (though I did have someone with me to clarify the noises, as far as where and when they occurred). The icing on the cake, however, was the fact that we had the billiard balls racked up, we heard them break, and upon checking them out they were scattered across the table with some even in the pockets. Unless I am in some way gifted with telekinesis, which I'm pretty sure I am not, I don't know how that could be done via one's on subconscious.

Wow, I've had experiences like that before.

I'd like to believe in ghosts and spirits but... I'm not sure.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Wow, I've had experiences like that before.

I'd like to believe in ghosts and spirits but... I'm not sure.

Yeah, as strange as it is, I still don't know if I fully believe. I'm definately not adamantly against the idea or anything, though.
[SIZE=
Yes I do. A couple of years I woke up not being able to breathe, and I could actually FEEL hands gripping my throat, even though I couldn't see anything. I wasn't having a nightmare or anything, so it couldn't have just been shortness of breath from a nightmare. It never happened to me before that, and it has never happened since.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
I work in the cinema, and one of the screens is haunted (it used to be a coal yard from about 200 years ago, there were a lot of deaths.) Anyhoo, my job is basically to clean up after people, and when doing so, i regularly hear voices when no one else is there. Not loud enough to know what they are saying, but quiet enough to distinguish them (usually a man and a young girl) At first i thought it was the movie playing in the next screen, although each screen is soundproofed very well, and it has happened when the next screen is over. Also, one of the curtains in front of the screens has moved on its own, which was kinda creepy, and everyone who works with me has had their own experiences.

wow...thats a long reply
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
Just because I can't explain something doesn't make it a ghost.
Doesn't make it not a ghost either, but I have asneaking suspicion whatever those things are, EVERYONE is wrong about it.
I believe in Ghosts, The Jersey Devil, Aboriginal Australians, Extraterrestrials, and Permanent Records.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Until I see one. No I don't believe in them. Its all psychological.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Yeah... also I guess I should add that I'm with Jimmy on this... but when I was younger, I was completely addicted to the stuff. Always looking up different **** like this from the internet.... I could recall so many different weird ass things I've actually read into...
No
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Yes i believe in ghosts
No i don't believe in Norton Ghost
Trent Reznor = God

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
if you see one, you will.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Some douche turned my amp up to 4 which is way to loud( I keep it less thean two) and i think it was a ghost.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I've seen a ghost, but dont believe in them. I think it was just some sort of short hallucination.

I love the idea though, "haunted" areas and such are great.
yes i do but i didnt vote, anyhow ive had experiences and the universe has a ton of unexplainable things like the begginng or how god was created and even so its so confusing like it has so much things made up and weird reasosn to try to explain something reality in our world cant so yea if the universe if infinite ghosts exist for sure
i think that people just try to scare you...i sometimes think i see wierd stuff..but then i remember...wait its fake and it goes away...like onetime i thought someone was chasing me thru my house and it felt like it..but in the end it was supposed to be that chick from the exorcist tryna get me but i was like...bullcrap thats fake nothing graabbed me im untouchable
im very very very very skeptic. i dont even go by 'seeing is beleeiving' because even if i did see a ghost i would just put it down to my mental health.

i just dont trust my brain, my brain is the kinda brain who **** around with me just because it thinks its funny. damn bastard
Yes, I definitely believe in ghosts. When I was younger, and I was an only child, I'd hear noises downstairs, get scared, and run into my parents room. I would lay there, and both my parents would be asleep as well, and I would hear cups clanging together down in the kitchen. I'm pretty damn sure that the cat couldn't get up on the counter (Which was much higher than it could jump), open the cupboards, and clang cups together every night without breaking them. This happened very often until we moved into a brand new house.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
No.

Quote by Liberation
Yes, I definitely believe in ghosts. When I was younger, and I was an only child, I'd hear noises downstairs, get scared, and run into my parents room. I would lay there, and both my parents would be asleep as well, and I would hear cups clanging together down in the kitchen. I'm pretty damn sure that the cat couldn't get up on the counter (Which was much higher than it could jump), open the cupboards, and clang cups together every night without breaking them. This happened very often until we moved into a brand new house.

Clearly it was a blind ghost with a taste for coffee.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
psychological

ie. no
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by garden of grey
Sounds more likely than ghosts breaking the laws of... well everything just to mess with a 5 year old.

Think about it, there could be tons of solutions. How do you know your parents didn't run a crappy dishwasher every night and you didn't know these things because you were a child?

Sorry, but any explanation is a better one than "OMG GHOSTS LIEK/HATE ME!" (Not at you, but people in here in general.)

I'm not really looking to piss you off or anything and, like I said, I'm not even sure that I believe in ghosts, but how can you be so sure they don't exist?
[SIZE=
There is a huge topic about this <.<
And no, I do not
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

i never believe in ghosts until i saw this it scared the **** outta me!
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
i prefer to call them angels
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
i also believe if you search you'll find a near over 80 page thread on this
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join