I have been looking at the new vox custom classic ac30cch. I have heard they are one of if no the best for indie music which is the main style i play, Oasis, razorlight,liberines etc and i know they all use the ac30 so i know it can handle that type of music but my question is can they handle bands like the clash, the ramones and that sort of punk sound?. Ive heard they are bright and trebley amps, but for some songs i play i need a bit of midrange sound like a Marshall sound is their any way to get this sort of sound eq pedal maybe?.

Also what would be the best cab to go with the vox head?

And is their anything else i should need to kno about this amp??

Thanks
Vox amps are very very mid based, so don't worry about any lack of presence or middle.

Are you sure you need a half stack? I'm pretty confident that an AC30CC2 combo would do what you want, and then some. Plus, you could probably pick one of the newer ones up fairly cheaply on eBay. Saw one go for £380 the other day, kinda kicking myself now. And what's worse is that the guy lived like 5 miles from me. Pah. Another time.
uh i didnt think vox had a lot of midrange, i thought they had a lot of treble. How much gain do these things have anyways?

I don't know why i want a half stack just always seem to like them for some reason
Quote by thefeet
uh i didnt think vox had a lot of midrange, i thought they had a lot of treble. How much gain do these things have anyways?

I don't know why i want a half stack just always seem to like them for some reason

Half stacks are expensive and VERY loud, you could use the money and get the AC30 combo with better speakers. I have the AC15CC and it's loud enough for small gigs. You should have enough gain for punk music, but nothing heavier.
Love is not a victory march.
Edit: ^ I think they can go higher than punk tbh.

Quote by thefeet

Well, 'liking' a half stack will probably end up being more expensive and possibly more difficult to carry, depending on which cab you want. And yes, Vox does have a huge amount of midrange, and treble. They've got clips on their site which are pretty self explanatory. As for gain, don't know about the head, but the combo I reccomended aren't high gain at all, but the OD can handle roughly up to somewhere near GnR territory I recon. But they're great almost perfect for that British sound you seem to be looking for, judging by your tastes. Also, have you considered any Oranges? Rocker 30 maybe?
As long as i have enough to hit a few ramones and clash songs i should be fine
Quote by Don_Humpador
Edit: Also, have you considered any Oranges? Rocker 30 maybe?

I had thought about the orange rocker 30 but from what ive heard from sound clips etc they seem to have something funny about the dirty channel that i don't like and i can not try one out