i have good good idea of what i want for the humbucking side of seymour duncans...

But can anybody help me find a good crunchy, metal sound for the sigle coil side??

Thx for the help
I'm not sure about there being a singlecoil for metal (in all honesty, it's not the first thing I'd look for) but perhaps you could get a singlecoil-sized humbucker? Do you specifically want a singlecoil or is it just that you need pickups to fit into the place of a singlecoil?
Use your other guitar for metal?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by giver1124
yeah i do.. but just was wondering about single coils

Ummm. It'd make more sense to get a new pickguard for the strat and just get HSH.

Single coils aren't really conducive to good metal tone (unless you have some crazy amp).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
have a look at the seymour duncan website, there's sound samples for all the pickups
^yes. get a GFS Alnico Premium for that purpose.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Sun-burst
you dont want a crunchy single coil especially in the neck

says the dude with the yngwie icon. irony, try yngwies dimarzio setup.
^it means he knows his ****.

and btw, yngwie has a low output dimarzio pickup in the neck position. he uses his preamp boost pedal to boost it into his marshalls.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You could geta mini humbucker or a new pickguard and change the whole set up.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
For a single-coil sized humbucker, you could check out Hot Rails (used by Iron Maiden, for eg).