im gonna go for something in the JCM2000 TSL series
and i dont really know about stacks and stuff
anyone care to tell me what to do / buy

ive been looking here
and im not sure how to go about getting the stack i want
help please
1: You really don't need a stack, you just want one for a phallus extension.

2: I've got an amp for sale that kicks JCM ass in my sig if you're interested, I think my thread with videos in the Gear Ads forum is still on the first page, but if not it's probably half way down the second page by now...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

2: I've got an amp for sale that kicks JCM ass in my sig if you're interested, I think my thread with videos in the Gear Ads forum is still on the first page, but if not it's probably half way down the second page by now...

It really doesn't kick a JCM's ass.
Thats just attempted good selling techniques.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
It really doesn't kick a JCM's ass.
Thats just attempted good selling techniques.

In my opinion it does, none of the muddy mids-ness you get with Marshalls at high gain and much tighter low-end, plus I'm selling mine for cheap
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well actually i gig regularly, and i hate my current tone, and ive read very good things about the JCM series...so.....thanks alot
Don't listen to him, buy a stack if you want.

I'd go with the 60 watt head, there's a sticky about tube amps and wattage around here, and 60 watts is more than enough for playing gigs. (idk if you're in a band or anything.) Plus it saves money. And you might as well get the TSL-C212 cabinet since its designed to go with the head. A 4x12 isn't necessary, unless you can afford it, cause it looks bitchin'.

anywho, hope that helped.
look if i had to choose i know marshalls produce killer sounds and i cant afford the money to buy one and if i did i wouldnt for one simple reason, i dont think its versatile enough, and i wouldnt want to get some other pedals and sht to make it so, if i had to chose id get a H and K Switchblade there all tube amps with dig effects and a sht load of presets on it with 4 channels if you wanna play a wide range of music and for some reason you plan on changing the style or not even if you plan (because sometimes it just happens) then get the HK Switchblade
Personally, I'd take a DSL over a TSL, but a combo would probably work out better for you, as it would be cheaper if you went new and most likely used as well. But whoever said that the JCM2000s had a reputation of being 'blah' is not wrong. A JCM800 would be much better, and would get the sort of Marshall sound you probably are after.
I'd take a Laney over a Marshall. Laney VH100R blows the JCM2000s out of the water.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Most of the above replies are plain crap or misleading.

As to your question, how are you gonna use the amp: home practice, rehearsal or gigging?
Quote by Axeman99
I'd take a Laney over a Marshall. Laney VH100R blows the JCM2000s out of the water.

Hellz yeah. Although the Marshall will sound, well, more like a Marshall.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^didn't u get a Marshall MG and weren't u happy about it?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
why did u start a group of anti MG and why r u getting a new amp already?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
gary moore i see uses the dsl's in band setups, am i not correct? many a time.

they are not bad - cmon people - you cant tell in a live situation anyway!
I have the TSL100 and the 1960a cab. I really enjoy this amps flexibility with tones I can get.
100 watts is really quite loud, but with that being said I have a ton of headroom on the clean channel and it doesn't break up at all unless I want it to.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by ECistheBest
why did u start a group of anti MG and why r u getting a new amp already?
sorry I read your post wrong. I got the MG. Liked it for a few days, and now I hate it and I'm selling it and buying one of those amps in my sig.
DSL>TSL

More gain if you need it and it doesn't mud up as much
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia