So i have music appreciation 1st period and we could bring in some music and he would play a song or 2 off the c.d. So i brought in a mix with a bunch of good classic rock. Beatles, allman brothers, grateful dead, bob dylan etr.....

Before that we start talking about the beatles and he talks like he knows alot about them. But he obviosly doesnt after these 3 things.

1. he said the white album was the beatles most drug influenced album, when sgt pepper clearly was

2. He said that George fucking harrison wrote lucy in the sky with diamonds when everyone under the sun knows it was john lennon

3. And he said that she came in through the bathroom window was on the white album when its on Abbey Road.

I let all these slide but when he said that lucy in the sky with diamonds was written by harrison i said "actually Lennon wrote it" and he just kinda gave me a weird look and ignored me.

I could teach better than this guy.

Who agrees that i should replace Mr. Deen as music appreciation teacher?
Quote by highway62
Who agrees that i should replace Mr. Deen as music appreciation teacher?

what do you mean?

edit: he does sound like a douche.
Music appreciation lessons? What a waste of time.

Anyway, not everyone knows or cares about the Beatles or their music. Although, if the man is teaching a lesson on the Beatles, he really should know what he is talking about.

Quote by LtdB254
what do you mean?

He means that he should replace his teacher as he is much superior in both intellect and knowledge, clearly.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
well he hasnt started learning about the beatles yet but he said that we would spend a week or 2 on it.
So, because you happen to know more about one band than he does means you're more qualified to teach than he is?

I smell bullshit.
Quote by whitebluesboy
He probably appreciates real music like jazz, classical, or big band.

haha......
God, that would be awesome. Regardless of the teachers inabilities. All my highschool rock classes are full of those backwards mullet wearing (stolen, I know) emo kids, so I'm stuck studying classical
So, because you happen to know more about one band than he does means you're more qualified to teach than he is?

I smell bullshit.
I smell Hawaiian Pizza.

EDIT: No wait Pepperoni!!!!
I always thought I could be a good music appreciation teacher, because I DO appreciate all music, and I think I could teach people to, at least, be less ignorant, and at least give everything a listen, at least.

But, who cares if he got some stuff wrong? You can like a band, and make mistakes.No biggie, IMO. I would poke fun at him here and there if he was a cool guy, but, otherwise, I would let it go.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Ask him what his UG name is. He's obviously a shred eliteist
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I could understand one of those slip ups by a music appreciation teacher but all three especially the Harrison wrote Lucy. I thought it was general knowledge that Lennon wrote it and when confronted about drug references he said his sons drawing inspired him.
so what? he doesn't know some tiny details about the beatles? Its a music appreciation class, not 'the beatles history class'. You should feel lucky that your school at least offers that kind of classes. My school has jack
Regardless of what music he likes he will teach us about the beatles eventually and he should know facts about them. I dont care how much he knows but if he does say something at least make it true.
I agree with you on the Beatles thing but that doesn't make you more qualified to teach.

Just an assumption, correct me if I'm wrong, you probably don't know as much jazz or classical stuff as he does. Since music appreciation focuses a lot of time on it.