I'm borrowing my friends copy of Gears of War and it has a disc read error every time I play the game. It has like a weird ring around it, but it's not dirty or scratched up. Also none of my other 360 games have this problem. Anything I can do about it?
his xbox probably fell. i had my xbox standing up-right, and my douchebag dad knocked it over, which caused a ring to appear around the game that was in the xbox at the time. theres nothing you can do.
Quote by LtdB254
his xbox probably fell. i had my xbox standing up-right, and my douchebag dad knocked it over, which caused a ring to appear around the game that was in the xbox at the time. theres nothing you can do.

Yup, listen to this person. I work at Blockbuster and we rent out X360 games. That was one of the first things they taught me to look out for. We lose a good 95% of our X360 games that way.

Once you knock it over and it gets that ring you're screwed. You can forget about resurfacing them as well. Doesn't help.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

once thing you can do though: trading it in at gamestop or something and then just re-buy it.
Quote by LtdB254
once thing you can do though: trading it in at gamestop or something and then just re-buy it.

I'll probablly tell my friend to do that, because I'm pretty sure I didn't do the damage.
Yeah, the disc is fucked.

That's unfortunate, because Gears fuckin' owns.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by AK Guitarist
Yup, listen to this person. I work at Blockbuster and we rent out X360 games. That was one of the first things they taught me to look out for. We lose a good 95% of our X360 games that way.

Once you knock it over and it gets that ring you're screwed. You can forget about resurfacing them as well. Doesn't help.

haha whenever this happens to my disks, i go to block buster, rent that game, keep the block buster copy, and give them back mine, which doesnt work anymore. works every time
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by ratmjb1212
haha whenever this happens to my disks, i go to block buster, rent that game, keep the block buster copy, and give them back mine, which doesnt work anymore. works every time

Very good idea. I might do this and then my friend doesn't have to pay another $60 for the game.
yeah, he just has to pay $6 for a new copy. however, ill warn you that most of block busters disks are at least a little scratched, so it wont be like getting a whole new game. but it will still work better then your old one.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

thats a really good idea. but dont video stores have all your account information? what if they contact you and say you have to pay for a new one or something.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Yeah, the disc is fucked.

That's unfortunate, because Gears fuckin' owns.

Smokey Amp, is that your gamertag too? I wanna face you, and probably lose.

Gamertag= Sir Slither

If I win, it's probably my brother playing, he rocks. So much better than me
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by ratmjb1212

Hmm, your Blockbuster must be full of morons then. We write on our disks as well as having labels on them that destroy the disk if removed. Even still we inspect the disks before renting them and again when we check them in. If they are damaged, we charge them for the disk.

BTW, you're an asshole doing **** like that. I bet you wouldn't find it as funny if your buddy did the old switcharoo at your house because he destroyed his copy.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

The Blockbuster thing would work if they have a damage protection fee you can pay, like a kind of insurance. I can't be sure because I don't go to BB for my movies and whatnot, but that should work.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
dude, that happened to my bioshock game!
i just took it in to wal mart, where i bought it, and exchanged it.
told them it didnt work, the xbox wouldnt read it.
theres a ninety day warranty on some games anyway.
check the booklet for info.
i thought about renting and exchanging them too...
you just have to go in and tell them the disc you rented didnt work... if you wait at least an hour, they'll buy the story.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Smokey Amp, is that your gamertag too? I wanna face you, and probably lose.

Gamertag= Sir Slither

If I win, it's probably my brother playing, he rocks. So much better than me

Yeah, Smokey Amp is my Gamertag. Don't worry about losing to me, though, I'm not too good at Gears, I just love the game.

Besides, I'm not a big fan of the multi-player combat games. I prefer playing co-operative, it's much more fun.

The health system makes the cover-fire system ultimately pointless in multi-player, which is annoying.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."