alrite so i now have a better idea of my tattoo. im assuming some of you might remember my first thread a couple weeks ago concernin a G N R tattoo for my back. well i've come to realize that for that to be possible i'd need to be able to lay down around $700 or more. so i talked to the tattoo artist and we came up w/ an idea of the two pistols crossing like an X and the two roses either beside the handles or even half behind the handles and half exposed. its gonna be all in color. and im thinking of getting "Get in the Ring!" in G N R-esque writing right under it. ohh and it will be on my right upper arm. im more on the buff side so he's got a good amount of room to get it nice and detailed. his estimate was guaranteed not to exceed $300 but could range even to bout $220. he did my bro's tat which was a cool celtic cross w/ writing so im thinkin he'll do the writing for free like he did w/ my bro. just wanted to know people's opinions on my idea. i want the quote to be from GNR but i DONT want it to be demeaning or obscene (hard for G N R haha i know!!!) b/c i want to look respectful ya kno. aiight thats nuff thanx in advance!!!
-SHARPIE
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Why do you want a tattoo? Another question: why are you asking UG about a tattoo idea of yours...?

pepsi
im wanting a tattoo to permanently symbolize my love for the music that G N R created (slash+axl+duff+izzy+matt and or steven). they're the biggest musical influence i have, slash is the reason i picked up a guitar. i love their music period. someone reccommended gettin a slash tat, but i dont want a tat of an actual person, let alone a GUY on my body. to me thats a lil crossin the line. im only askin UG b/c everyone on here has opinions and i like to hear them. i mean if people on this site can ask if rubbing your dick in a pillow is gonna ruin your ass hole, then i should be able to ask bout my tattoo.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
"**** y'all, I'll turn up whenever the **** I want!" - Axl Rose.

Also:

"Yeah dude, Chinese Democracy will be out real soon" - Axl Rose.

Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
ha thats sad...
but i actually meant quotes from songs or somethin. nothin long. short phrase or couple words. i like wut i thought of but you know there's always a chance of somethin better bein out there.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Oh, song quotes? okay.

I'm stumped.

Rofl.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i want the quote to be from GNR but i DONT want it to be demeaning or obscene (hard for G N R haha i know!!!) b/c i want to look respectful ya kno. aiight thats nuff thanx in advance!!!
-SHARPIE

You want to look respectful but you're getting a tatoo? Wtf?
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
I'm in the process of having my tattoo designed

It's gonna look sweeeeeet!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
well if your implying that anyone w/ a tattoo looks disrespectful then im sorry but i disagree. im saying i want my tattoo to be in good taste. not obscene. it IS possible to do that you know. i mean i could easily get the Appetite for Destruction cover (the one that was SUPPOSED to be the original cover anways) done on me but in my opinion that wouldn't be in good taste, even tho its just showing my love for the album...does that make any sense? i believe it does i dunno bout yall
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
gutiaristdave, whats ya tattoo gonna be? jus curious. i love the idea of coming up w/ ur own design, instead of just picking out somethin that "looks cool", that way its really original and part of you.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I have a few tattoos. I have a celtic knot on each forearm (triangles) below each elbow on the palm up side, I also have a tattoo of some lyrics from the Insomnium Song "Mortal Share" on my back.

For the part of man
Is to take the sombre path
Stumble in the dark
Stray amidst the dust and ash

Like forgotten ghosts
Drifting in the driving wind
Dashing towards the void
Whirling blindly through the night

Like water flung from the highest cliff
We fall,
lunge,
swirl,
dissolve,
and fade away
Down into the unknown

are the lyrics, mine is done in a scroll like look. I used those lyrics because the song itself sort of comes across to myself as my belief in greater beings, that if they are there they're too far away to care at all.
Quote by ToysInTheAttic1
You want to look respectful but you're getting a tatoo? Wtf?

Whats wrong with that? Plenty of respectable people I know have tattoos. Unless it's ofsomething really obscene, I don't see how a tattoo makes someone look not respectable. To the threadstarter, To be honest I would never get a tattoo of a band , because tastes change, and you never know if you'll like a band as much as you do now 15 years down the road
Quote by slash_rocks2005
gutiaristdave, whats ya tattoo gonna be? jus curious. i love the idea of coming up w/ ur own design, instead of just picking out somethin that "looks cool", that way its really original and part of you.

Cheers dude, it's gonna be an anchor with a scroll wrapped around it with "mutiny" on the scroll.

I'm sort of into pirates and stuff like that, so I'm getting a few pirate themed ones.
Plus Mutiny is an album by Set Your Goals, and when I listen to them they remind me of good times!

Probably sounds lame to you guys, but it means something to me.

It's gonna go down the inside of my forearm
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
to flying_phoenix, i understand exactly wut u mean. but my taste has never changed so far, i've always loved music w/ soul and blues feel. and in MY OPINION gnr best represents my taste really. i've gone thru all of middle school and highschool hearing tons o' people shoutin "G N R sucks!!! no one listens to that **** anymore!!!" and it aint neva phased me, it never will. the tattoo is more about my love for the first few albums more than just the band. the band has changed so much but that can't change the fact that appetite was in my opinion the greatest rock album of all time (plz....dont start any fights over my statement!!) nothing can change my taste in music im sure
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Set your Goals?? never heard of em, whats their genre?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
Set your Goals?? never heard of em, whats their genre?

They're a pop-punk/hardcore band.

They're one of my favourite bands
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
pop-punk hardcore? i dunno if i know that style really sounds kinda cool. are they underground? im jw cuz if im not listenin to my cds im listenin to either the classic rock station or modern (mainstream ) rock station....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
pop-punk hardcore? i dunno if i know that style really sounds kinda cool. are they underground? im jw cuz if im not listenin to my cds im listenin to either the classic rock station or modern (mainstream ) rock station....

Hahaha, they're not really underground.

They're not huge, but they're pretty big to some people I guess.

They were offered to sign to Pete Wentzs label, but he was gonna try tell them what to do, so they told him where to go, and then they wrote a song about it.

The song incidentally is called "mutiny"
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew