Ok this might sound stupid but i have been playing for 4 years and i have a les paul but i still have no clue how to use the toggle/pickup switch....
this switch says lead and rhythm.
I've seen guitarists during concerts flip the switch and they get a totally different sound. Like i have a Digitech RP-80 effects modeling processer and i want to be able to switch from distortion to clean with a flip of the switch.
how do i do all of this?? please tell me step by step like what to turn the knobs to and everything. THANKS
Can't be done. Unless you get some onboard effects.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
the switch is for the humbuckers.You change from gain to clean with the pedal.The diffence is in tone but overall it wont go to clean and distort with the guitar switch.

Have you really been playing 4 years?????

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Schecter C1 Classic
Ovation CS257
Drive Stratocaster copy

Traynor YCV80 all Tube
Pignose G40V Tube Amp

Ibanez TS9
Digitech GNX2
Line6 POD
Fostex MR8HD multitrack recorder
Seriously? 4 years and you never asked about that? The pickup switch won't make you go from distortion to clean by flipping it, it will just get more bass if you flip it to rhythm and it'll sound good for clean jazzy stuff, and if it's on lead it'll have more Treble(good when you're on distortion)
But to answer your question on going from clean to distorted, if you have a Digitech RP model, just have it on your favorite distortion and for clean, hit both foot switches at once to put it on bypass so it's clean then tap either one of the foot pedals and it'll change to your distortion.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
if you leave your Lead Volume on HIGH, and your Rhythm Volume really LOW, you can almost get a Distortion to Clean sound, but not exactly what you are looking for. Use the pedal to do a true Distortion/Clean swap

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I've only seen that done on one guitar, Wes Borland's signature Ibanez, there are some vids on youtube of him demonstrating it. But other than that, it's an amp or pedal thing dude.
My Rig:
Guitars:
LTD Al-600
Jackson RR3 w/c EMG 81/85 combo
Ibanez S7320
Washburn Dimebolt
1985 Peavey Generation Series

Amps:
Roland Cube 30
Marshall MG Guitar Amplifier Half Stack with MG100HDFX Head and MG412A Cabinet
Just to be clear, "Lead" utilizes your neck pickup and "Rhythm" uses the bridge pickup.