Hi guys, I've been playing guitar for 2 years now. I'm much more comfortable as a rhythm player than lead, although am moderately competent at playing lead.

I play music influenced by Libertines, the Beatles, Paul McCartney, Franz Ferdinand, Bright Eyes, Jack Penate, Jeff Buckley, Our Lady Peace, Blur, the Levellers and other bands of a similar bent.

Anyway, I visited my local guitar store today and picked my favourite three guitars ( I play-tested ten or eleven)

They were the Epiphone Les Paul Standard, the Epiphone Dot (semi-hollowbody)
and the Jackson Dinky (not sure which model but was priced about £470, which is probably as high as I can conceivably go in terms of price)

So: out of; the Epiphone Les Paul Std.
the Epiphone Dot
the Jackson Dinky

which should I go for?

Any help welcomed!
For the style you're going for, I'd say go for the Epiphone Dot
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
it depends, the dinky is probably teh best quality out of the ones you stated (dempending on the model) but for wat you mentioned i'd go 1st with the LP, then with the dinky, and i don't know wat teh dot is
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
yeah honestly i would go for semi hollow epiphone... it will sound better for your style of music
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
from your musical tastes. i would recommend a fender highway one strat. the new ones sound bang on and ther only like £350 if you look in the right place. Thats what im getting anyway. that or a telecaster anyways. Best out of the three you selected is epi standard, hands down.
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
cheers fellas. forgot to mention...no fenders!! it's just a personal thing, but i don't like the neck on them, it's too thin.
so...epiphone dot?

can anybody suggest an alternative, a semi-hollowbody of similar price? just checking...
Ibanez Artcores are similar semi-hollows that may be better quality depending on the model of the Epiphone.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Les Paul!
Quote by Roc8995
Changing strings on a bigsby is alarmingly similar to flossing the teeth of a pissed-off sabertooth tiger while blindfolded.