One of the main problems with the Line 6 spider series is that you can't turn it up past 6 without it sounding like complete s**t! (That is besides the overly digital sound and terrible modeling), Well it seems Line 6 has teemed up with Bogner to make an All tube Spider series.

All tube modeling anyone? What do you think about this?

http://line6.com/spidervalve/index.html
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Dude. Search, there have been good threads on this, with vids and clips too.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
It's been brought up a few times already, and I'm going to go out and try it simply to see whether they've made a great modelling valve amp or else just ruined a good set of valves with horrible tones... It will be interesting to play around with, that's for sure, not least because of it being designed by Bogner.
Also, it's not completely all tube, half the preamp is digital modeling, and the two preamp tubes are used to drive the EQ and act as phase inverter.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Old.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
hahah it's news to me, and I havn't been on UG in months, I definitely should've searched this up. Sorry guys!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
doesn't even have an fx loop...
pfft
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
is this the one Dave Mustaine and glen use?
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
^nah, they don/t plan on releasing that one.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

this disappoints me somewhat. i'd much rather see line6 focusing on continuing down the digital modelling route and trying to do something awesome than just giving into the boring digital haters and making some lame backwards step.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this disappoints me somewhat. i'd much rather see line6 focusing on continuing down the digital modelling route and trying to do something awesome than just giving into the boring digital haters and making some lame backwards step.

Preach!!

Digitech did the same thing. Their Artist series digital rack preamps are still some of the best digital processors around, and they also had tube preamps for some added warmth. They beat the pants off of their entire GNX series processors. I would have much rather seen Line6 somehow put their Vetta technology into a cheaper amp platform than do this tube/digital hibrid.
Quote by TwoString
Preach!!

Digitech did the same thing. Their Artist series digital rack preamps are still some of the best digital processors around, and they also had tube preamps for some added warmth. They beat the pants off of their entire GNX series processors. I would have much rather seen Line6 somehow put their Vetta technology into a cheaper amp platform than do this tube/digital hibrid.

exactly. i mean, this is nothing new. digital pre into valve power has been going on for years. i think line6 are much more interesting trying to push things forwards.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

Fulk that, this is a step in the right direction IMO. They finally realized that digital shlt alone will never sound as good as it could with tubes in the mix. I'm definitely down for buying one of these to jam on if it sounds nice.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

They already have some very awesome stuff! When people hear line 6 the first thing they think is the spider, which is a practise amp! honestly they should discontinue those! Its ruining their name!

And its the right route. seeing as its the first from them it will imprive after a while! maybe if it was called vetta tube or something!
I half expect most of UG to not give this amp a chance and bash the **** out of it purely on the sole basis that its a Line 6 product. LINE 6 AREN'T BAD PEOPLE! Yes, it says Spider on it, but only because its BASED on the Spiders FRONT PANEL!

That's it!

Give it a ****ing chance for once.

But yes this is kinda old as I found out earlier when I made a thread.
like a mother popping a disobedient child on the mouth, it will take line 6 just dominating to finally shut these annoying "analog purist" naysayers up. this digital vs analog thing needs to be put to rest soon. i imagine the trend of line 6 being put down will turn into them being lauded here.
Well I myself think that digital modeling has come a far way, but the things it lacks comes from the dynamics and reactions from tubes in tube amps. This might be final nail in the coffin and would be a digital amp with all the warmth and dynamic of a tube amp.

I read somewhere that the modeling is POD based, which would be good.

Except for the Spider all other Line6 stuff are great, so if this is pulled off well, which I hope it is, it will be awesome!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
the dynamics thing is put to rest IMO. i own all types of amps, and i tried one of the latest and greatest units that has NO tubes integrated. all of the subtleties of my picking were expressed.
Quote by False_God
They already have some very awesome stuff! When people hear line 6 the first thing they think is the spider, which is a practise amp! honestly they should discontinue those! Its ruining their name!

And its the right route. seeing as its the first from them it will imprive after a while! maybe if it was called vetta tube or something!

i agree. but digital musical stuff in gear is still pretty fairly far behind computers, and thats still got some distance to go... i'd like them to try and cover that distance.

and its nonsense to say that digital cant achieve that dynamic range and response. it definitely can.