I'm looking for new music to listen to. I think I've lost my taste for "cookie monster vocals" and I'm looking for metal bands that primarily use clean vocals or a lot of clean choruses, but are still heavy. With the exception of obvious bands such as Iron Maiden, Dragonforce, and other power metal bands, can anyone suggest a few? Thanks.
incubus back in the days of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and fungus amongus was amazing, and i guess they sort of played metal. listen.
Bathory, Slayer, Anthrax, Turisas, Megadeth, and Metallica are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
the new trivium album is just like you said (please don't make this into a trivium sucks thread...).
Well, I'll throw out a couple of my favorite bands with either clean vocals or just clean choruses.

Blind Guardian
Demons and Wizards (Vocalist is also in Blind Guardian)
Hammerfall
All That Remains
Testament (idk If you would place thrash vocals in the same class as clean, but it isnt "cookie monster vocals"
Nightwish
Fear My Thoughts (although they only have a couple songs with clean choruses)

Hope that helps.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
Nevermore, Testament, Communic, Fear Factory, Jag Panzer, Machine Head, Symphony X, Slayer, 3 Inches of Blood, Dream Theater...
Quote by HILIKUS!
incubus back in the days of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and fungus amongus was amazing, and i guess they sort of played metal. listen.

Even if you could really call it metal, compared to Brandon's recent vocals, you couldn't exactly call those vocals 'clean'. No, they weren't cookie monster, but he added a bit of growl to them, (see TMTYL for good example).

I think you're looking for power metal, all use clean (called, 'epic') vocals. Dragonforce, Iced Earth, etc.
Opeth. And you will like growl again.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Well if you don't mind nu-metal slipknots 3rd album Subliminal verses volume. 3 except for one line in the song Duality. Also As I Lay dying is pretty clean to.
Last edited by celldweller454 at Sep 1, 2007,
Children Of Bodom on their covers. Recommend "Rebel Yell," to you.
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
New Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Firewind, Judas Priest, Lacuna Coil, Sanctity, The Showdown, Soilwork, Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Tool (if you're feeling progressive)...that's me going through my music library and highlighting the stuff that sounds like what you're lookin for. i'm sure youll find something you'll like
Beyond Fear is a pretty good metal band that uses clean vocals, as well as all the other aforementioned bands.
Last edited by TheTallOne at Sep 8, 2007,