Yo. If you're like me, you don't like the gaps between songs on your iPod when the songs are supposed to flow into each other, like all of the songs on Dark Side of the Moon are. I heard a rumour that you can put an entire album on your iPod as one track, so it's like listening to the CD front to back without interruption. Does anybody know how to do this?
"I've been playing for more than 30 years, and I still find new sounds. It still amazes me."
- Don Ross
Get a program that can import audio and just keep inporting tracks, then save it as one big mp3 and put it on >_>

Hell, id be suprised if windows sound recorder couldnt do it.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
if you do that It'll wear your battery down pretty quick.
The longer a track is the less 'on time' you have.

In fact the more features you use at one time with an iPod the less battery time you'll have. it sucks.

but if you still want to do it.

you could try this:

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

and just bounce the tracks down to one song.

hope that helps.
MBOX2 - PRO TOOLS LE 7.3.1 - CUBASE SX3 - REASON 4
ATTACK_DECAY_SUSTAIN_RELEASE_
You can do that, but if they're AAC or M4A formatted you can't format the songs. What I'd do is get a program called Switch that converts songs to mp3 format. Then download Audacity, a program that allows you to edit mp3's. It's a pretty cool program too.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Yes It's called gapless playback

Just right click on the songs you want, click on "Get info" and go to options or something like that...and check the "Gapless album" option.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
well if you have the actual CD then itunes would "determine gapless playback information" and it would flow like its supposed to....or if you downloaded the full album...however, if you downloaded the album one song at a time with limewire or bought them at itunes then it won't do it right....and is it really worth the hassle if its not flowing properly already?

EDIT: yea listen to yurfinlfntsy...he is right
Last edited by pavel at Aug 30, 2007,
Or you could just go into preferences and change the crossfade time...

EDIT: I don't know if that would affect the playback on your iPod though.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

Just right click on the songs you want, click on "Get info" and go to options or something like that...and check the "Gapless album" option.

+1
Celtic FootballClub1888
Quote by Kartman
You can do that, but if they're AAC or M4A formatted you can't format the songs. What I'd do is get a program called Switch that converts songs to mp3 format. Then download Audacity, a program that allows you to edit mp3's. It's a pretty cool program too.

you can actually use iTunes to convert.
MBOX2 - PRO TOOLS LE 7.3.1 - CUBASE SX3 - REASON 4
ATTACK_DECAY_SUSTAIN_RELEASE_
Quote by pavel
well if you have the actual CD then itunes would "determine gapless playback information" and it would flow like its supposed to....or if you downloaded the full album...however, if you downloaded the album one song at a time with limewire or bought them at itunes then it won't do it right....and is it really worth the hassle if its not flowing properly already?

EDIT: yea listen to yurfinlfntsy...he is right

Edit=Sigged
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Word. Thanks.
"I've been playing for more than 30 years, and I still find new sounds. It still amazes me."
- Don Ross
man just highlight the album and where it say gapless album switch it to yes
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

oops i never noticed this guys post o well