to all of you physics geeks out there.

i'm just starting physics and i have a distance problem.

the question is:

Consider two events, one occurs at (x=1 cm, y=2 cm, z= 0 cm) and the other at (x=4 cm, y=6 cm, z=0 cm)

Find the distance between them and show the work.
Dude...this is a simple algebra question...unless I'm an idiot...but I don't think I am...then again, I AM in the pit...

Answer is 5...
That's not even physics man. That's simple algebra.

distance formula:

Y2-Y1
------- = d
X2-X1

I think. Might be the other way around. Like X's on top and Y's on the bottom.

Edit: Nevermind, I think that's the formula for slope. But it's still simple algebra.
y=mx+b

Slope

Want more?

Google it.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
yeah i knew it was algebra, idk why they're giving us this in physics but it's summer work preparing for it. idk.
you're all idiots. it is physics because of the work...

find the distance using the distance formula (yes THAT part is algebra), then the work is the integral of the force along that distance.... (THIS part is the physics)

Do they give you a force equation?
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
I'm only in Algebra 1 so don't blame me. Blame me when I'm a sophomore
If you watn force equations...
(F = m * a):net force
gravitational: F=m*g
frictional: F = µ * F[norm]
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by Stupified
Ahahahahahahaha freshman >>

I took algebra 1 in 8th ...as a freshman? Odd.

Same here

then geometry honors as a freshman

Then Alg. 2 and College Alg. as a sophmore

Now I'm in AP Calc.

;D
Well, I wasn't exactly paying attention in middle school. Highschool's a chance to redeem myself.
Quote by Stupified
yurfin...are you asian or russian?

Just doing a survey...nothing racist or stereotypical...just a survey...

No...I'm white

But I'm scottish

And I'm going to MIT
Quote by Stupified
MIT? Damn. Like wow DAMN. MA FTW.

Why does MA seem to have like the damn ivy league colleges...Harvard, MIT, ect....

Prime real estate?

But the funny thing is......I checked out my dorm I'm going to be moving into next year.....I found out there's a community college next door lmao

I saw some MIT guys throwing oranges at their dorm windows

Who says smart people can't have fun
sqrt([x2-x1]^2+[y2-y1]^2+[z2-z1]^2) is the distance.

and um, people, why are you giving the "work" done? He gave no force. by "work" he meant "show how you solved it." sheesh.

and this **** is used in physics all the time.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
sqrt([x2-x1]^2+[y2-y1]^2+[z2-z1]^2) is the distance.

and um, people, why are you giving the "work" done? He gave no force. by "work" he meant "show how you solved it." sheesh.

and this **** is used in physics all the time.

We can't show exactly all we did in a forum where certain charectors essential to show work are present. We could, however, do the work on a sheet of paper, scan it, and attach it as an image.