so i want a phaser and or distortion pedal, anything good thats not too expensive?
for a distrotion pedal get the metal muff
for wont regret it
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
boss me-50 has just about everything, like 20 distortions, and modulation (chorus, flanger, phaser, that kinda stuff), and delay, and and expression pedal (wah stuff.) it is 300 bucks US though, but worth every penny.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
^Multi-effects rarely sound as good as single pedals, and the ones that do cost alot more than $300.

Threadstarter, what kind of music do you play? We need to know what kind of distortion you want.
sry forgot to add in details. i play a squire strat through a fender frontman 25w amp, and play alternative, some classic rock, but mostly rhcp and incubus
Pick up the Phase 100 if you can find it.

If you can't the Phase 90 suffices.

For Distortion...DS-1, DS-2, MD-2, all Boss pedals.

Digitech Hot Rod

Just for the note, John Froosh plays a DS-2. It might be modded, but a stock DS-2 is still awesome...(see: Nirvana).
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by pinkhaze29
Then get a big muff, I play the same things as you do with mine.

I was going to suggest this to, but I though it was a Fuzz, not distortion...

I'd suggest this...Sovtek style.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Big Muff is a mixture of Fuzz and Distortion if I'm not mistaken.

In my knowledge, there aren't many cheap phaser pedals around, the main ones around are the MXR Phase 90, EHX Small Stone and Boss PH-3 (not as 'warm' sounding as the 90 or SS, but it does ALOT of different stuff, and is rather cool imo)
^ i hope your comment on the "warmth" of the Ph-3 wasn't just you taking a shot at it because it's a boss. and anyways, how do you judge warmth with phasers?
As for phaser
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Nano-Small-Stone-Phase-Shifter-Effects-Pedal?sku=150080

and I have this one. The guy at the store I bought it from said IHO it sounded better then the boss phasers but I've never tried them
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-XHP-Hyper-Phase-Stereo-Phaser-Pedal?sku=150820
Quote by TehJermie
^ i hope your comment on the "warmth" of the Ph-3 wasn't just you taking a shot at it because it's a boss. and anyways, how do you judge warmth with phasers?

Dude, I have a PH-3 and LOVE it.
And I don't know, I played a mates Phase 90, it just sounded warmer and fatter than my PH-3, like it had more mids or something. Also, I don't hate Boss, I've got an SD-1 and DF-2 as well.

EDIT: If you have a warm phase 90 setting, I would like to know it. The closest I've gotten is on mode 4, with depth at 12 o clock and res at 3 o clock