Poll: Which one's better? [Thanks for taking the poll]
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one's better? [Thanks for taking the poll]
Ibanez AX 220 QM
21 72%
Squier Standard Strat again?
8 28%
Voters: 29.
Yeah, I know, there's the sticky up there on how to buy a guitar. It's just that I've kinda narrowed my choice down to two guitars at the moment.

Ibanez AX 220 QM

Or this

Squier standard Strat

Yeah, I know, Squier guitars are no good, but my budget won't allow anything more expensive than 200 USD, and in those range, I'm stuck with this two.

I set up a poll so that it's easier to see which one is more recommended.

Thanks for the advices, or even for reading

Edit: And btw, I forgot to mention that, I listen to quite a broad range of music, but basically play bands like a7x, guns and roses, radiohead, red hot chilli peppers... Hope you get the idea.

Another edit...
I've played acoustics for like 3 years, and this is my first electric. Played a few electric in a rented jam room.
Last edited by KIDRoach at Aug 30, 2007,
I play alot of Avenged Sevenfold, and my Ibanez holds up pretty good. Iv played stuff like that with my friends strat, and Ibanez holds up better with stuff like that.
Oh yeah, I'm going to Chicago this coming long weekend. Not exactly Chicago, but idk, it's called Aurora. I'm still new in the US, so... is there any nice guitar shop that I should have a visit there?
That Ibanez is sweet. I bet it sounds similar (not equivalent) to a Gibson SG.
^i was looking at it, because of the nice price reduction I was gonna buy a squire, otherwise
I am going to go out on a limb and say its (the Ibanez) probably a little better quality. I have not played it but I have played some Squiers (not too bad, some better than others.) From the specs and my experience with Ibanez I think they make better budget guitars in that price range.
They're both rubbish, but I'd have to say the Strat, better quality, better sound.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
The Ibanez, because they are generally better quality, and with those pickups, it won't buzz as much.
Call me Jeff if you want, I prefer that.
That's pretty damn cheap for an AX220. They usually sell in the $400 range. They're by no means garbage (and a step or two above the Squier in quality), and do the SG tone very nicely (as was mentioned). In addition to that, the quilt on the QMs is really good looking. I'd grab one in a blink of an eye at that price... but I already have an AX.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by KIDRoach
Oh yeah, I'm going to Chicago this coming long weekend. Not exactly Chicago, but idk, it's called Aurora. I'm still new in the US, so... is there any nice guitar shop that I should have a visit there?

Aurora Eh? Welcome to the lovely state of Illinois! Go used, There is tons of music shops in the burbs. Theres some place in Batavia, forgot what it was called, PM FacingUsAll, he knows where it's at. If you can make it a little closer to Chicago, go check out hte Cort distributor. If you can travel West to the DeKalb area, they have some good shops there, like Ax In Hand and some other one. Mr. G's music studio is also a dealer of Corts, but he doesn't have very many guitars.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I'm probably only gonna go to Aurora. I'm going with a group of friends, and I doubt if they wanna see guitars. Still I'll try.
I'd 100% go with the Ibanez, and thats a very good price.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Exsuratientoel
They're both rubbish, but I'd have to say the Strat, better quality, better sound.

coming from the guy with an MG and a frontman. How could you go so wrong?