Okay, I've been playing guitar for 2 months without help. Which isn't so bad since I can play FOB - Dance Dance pretty well. Basically that's the only song I know how to play. Either way that doesn't mean I specifically know how to play the guitar. I've been starting off on the wrong path, as far as I know. For one I don't know the name of the strings, don't know any guitar cords, or the Music Theory thing.

Wondering if someone can help me start on the right path...?
In my opinion, once you can improvise well, then you've made it to full fledged guitarist. You NEED to know the names of the strings (from thickest to thinnest, E,a,d,g,b,e). Learn c, a, d, g, e, d major chord first, learn at least the minor pentatonic scale. If you learn all that you'll be on your way.
Keep learning songs. That's how I got started. As you learn songs, you'll learn the theory without knowing that you're learning it.

It just takes time.
Quote by sixhundredsix
Keep learning songs. That's how I got started. As you learn songs, you'll learn the theory without knowing that you're learning it.

It just takes time.

...no you won't...
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by david_highland
In my opinion, once you can improvise well, then you've made it to full fledged guitarist. You NEED to know the names of the strings (from thickest to thinnest, E,a,d,g,b,e). Learn c, a, d, g, e, d major chord first, learn at least the minor pentatonic scale. If you learn all that you'll be on your way.

So basically, that's all I need to learn? Okay, I think I can get this done.
Find a good teacher. Also Michael Leonard's ''Learn to play Guitar'' book ain't half bad. A bit condescending, maybe, but not bad.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Quote by Horo
So basically, that's all I need to learn? Okay, I think I can get this done.

Well, that would be a start, I guess it's all you need to know for now...
Quote by ninewhilenine
Find a good teacher. Also Michael Leonard's ''Learn to play Guitar'' book ain't half bad. A bit condescending, maybe, but not bad.

Actually, at my high school we have this Guitar Club as an after school program. I'm taking beginner lessons there, but the teacher kinda sucks, so that's why I wanted to look for an alternative source (this!).
Ah right

Well no teacher is better than a bad one, trust me on that! Shop around, as it were, for areally good one.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Quote by Horo
Actually, at my high school we have this Guitar Club as an after school program. I'm taking beginner lessons there, but the teacher kinda sucks, so that's why I wanted to look for an alternative source (this!).

You get what you pay for, luckily my first guitar teacher at my school was awesome, he still is...he's my mentor and probably one of my best friends. Another good way to learn is to ask other students, I learned allot that way.
Okay, I found this Music Theory lesson in the beginner's section, and I am completely confused. I got lost at the interval part.