so ive been playing...half a year?? maybe a lil less. i really dont know. but, ive been practicing a bunch of songs, getting more difficult ya know?? from smoke on the water, to zakk wyldes farewell ballad (hardest i can play)...

well, i just recently, few weeks, or months ago i dunno, learned about scales and stuff. well, i knew about em, but i seriously got into em then...well, i cant do any worth crap. ive been really practicing at em, but theres NO progress at all. even the chromatic one i suck at...that one ive prolly done the most...and i suck at the penatonic and this other one i forgot the name cuz i cant use my pinky and barely use my ring finger. why cant i get better?? wwhat does it take?? i practice em so many times...nothing. i get nothing from it!! i want my dang pinky and ring finger to work!! and yes, i practice like everyday!! whats wrong????

even the parts of the song i know, i get good up to a point, and i cant get better!!! i always mess up here, or i can never get this fast enough, or on the right time, or whatever.

am i not meant?? and no, by practice i dont mean 2 minutes then give up. i mean serious practice like, i dunno who long. but while. whats wrong??
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
you might hate me for saying this, but you've just gotta practice.
I know it feels like you aren't improving, but one of these days, you'll have a breakthrough.
Just keep at it.
good luck
Just keep working on it and it will come!
Just give it some time and be sure to practice everything SUPER slow with a metronome...Then when you get it and one speed....Click it up 5 BPM's and just keep doing that till your going fast.
Good Luck!
practice... i practice for 7 hours in total every day.. i take some breaks, but i practice ALOT! and if you go onto itunes, and listen to matt rae, all his songs are single notes and you have to play them REALLY FAST... it took one of the greatest guitrists i've heard 20 years to play, but it took me 2 months to learn... it's all about dedication...
Quote by JTguitar5
practice... i practice for 7 hours in total every day.. i take some breaks, but i practice ALOT! and if you go onto itunes, and listen to matt rae, all his songs are single notes and you have to play them REALLY FAST... it took one of the greatest guitrists i've heard 20 years to play, but it took me 2 months to learn... it's all about dedication...

7 hours a day?

thats actually really sad

but nayway don't stress dude, you think you arent imporving but one day you'll look back adn be like, wow and one point i coulnt play *insert song here* and now i cna play it behind my head

seriously dude youre imporving u just dont notice
aslright...i havent tried with a mentronome...well, one in my head...but thats not 100% good ya know? i have to find my old one from a loong time ago...

but i mean, i have seen improvement from when i first started...barely being able to play the smoke on the water lick thing...and now i can do stuff i wished i could do, but not anything i REALLY wish i could do ya know? but after a while, i havent seen much, but yeah, ill prolly practice longer, and with more stuff...

thanks!!!!
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
You might not feel like you're improving much, but you're probably doing it gradually. One day though, you'll wake up, start playing, and feel like you've gotten a hundred times better overnight. That's what happened with me, just one day I noticed I was improving, and it's a great feeling. So just keep going, you'll get there.
Practice SLOWLY. Repeating something many times if you can't play it right wont help you. Play it slow, and learn it correctly. Do not increase speed unless you can play it at least 5 times in a row without messing up.

Concentrate. Its not about going through motions, you have to teach your fingers. Think of how they are moving and how your picking hand is going to navigate the strings. Try and repeat the same paths over and over.

www.metronomeonline.com
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Actually, you might be practicing TOO much...I mean, people play guitar for enjoyment (generally speaking, of course) but if you're stressing about not seeing improvement, you might want to slow down and focus (and enjoy) what you already know how to play.

I've always been a fan of playing songs over scales, so focus on playing those songs and keep learning new songs. The scales and stuff will come with the songs, trust me.
Practice slowly and pay attention to your movements.

Remember dude, crawl before you run, you're still in the very early stages of playing.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
well for me i just blew chuncks for a while, just keep at it, It comes in stages,
like chords, you'll have to place each finger individually for a while and then one day all your fingers will just come down at once and you'll be like woah sweet
And for the chromatic scale, just take it slow one note at a time 1234, 1234, 1234..ect, then one you can play it cleanly, speed it up just a little, then some more, then more, then more, just keep it clean, it makes it easier in the long run,
Just keep practicing dude you'll get there If you need any help on stuff just ask around
and for you ring finger and pinky finger try the major pentatonic scale , play it slow at first, then faster, it'll help your fingers
good luck
Cancer.
Quote by Gnomestar
7 hours a day?

thats actually really sad

but nayway don't stress dude, you think you arent imporving but one day you'll look back adn be like, wow and one point i coulnt play *insert song here* and now i cna play it behind my head

seriously dude youre imporving u just dont notice

Playing behind your head only says that one, hey, I can actually lift the guitar, two, I memorized the song so much I don't need to look.
try learning something you wouldn't think of learning, like something hard for you, and play it until you can get it, and without realizing you've just improved =)
Another way to realize you've been improving is to look back at how you were playing lets say a month ago, and see how you're playing know. If you've been practicing you'll almost always see an improvment, atleast i do.
I've been there before. I felt like i wasn't improving, kept playing the same thing over with no improvement. Then one day i picked my guitar up and played a lick that i never wouldve thought i could play.

Just goes to show, you might not notice it, but you are improving. Just keep at it and you'll be fine
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
You could also try to learn song that is slightly above your possibilities.

And practice techniques like hammer on/pull of, bending, vibrato, not just speed, speed, speed.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.