So, I've finally accepted that there is a real world out there and realized a significant part of it is likely defined by how well you do in school. So this year, my junior year, instead of messing around and doing jack ****, I'm actually going to apply myself.

Can anyone tell me what colleges look at when you apply to them? Is it really just your average GPA and your SAT/ACT test scores? I didn't do so hot in 9th and 10th grade and no amount of hard work this year will boost my average high school GPA higher then 3.0.
What schools are you interested in?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
well no offense of anything but you kinda f*cked yourself over by not trying in your first 2 years. they dont look too much at freshman year though, but sophomore, junior, and senior year is where it counts
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
^Yeah, but there are other ways to approach this. He isn't screwed yet.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
^Yeah, but there are other ways to approach this. He isn't screwed yet.

yea, but it wold definitely help him alot if he did work those years
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Bribe

Money...
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Junior year is by far the most important year.

ACT/SATS and the last REAL chance to boost GPA before applying to colleges since only the first half of your senior year really matters.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
yea, but it wold definitely help him alot if he did work those years

Oh, I know man. I know that from experience

I honestly think you (TS) need to apply to some schools you want to go to, but also apply to some schools that aren't picky on admitting students (maybe community college or something similar). That way you can work through that and then apply to the school you wish to go to. I attended Indiana University Northwest before applying and ultimately attending Indiana University.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

actually, colleges frequently look for improvement, signs of realization and maturity. Sometimes having a major improvement in grades is better than getting those grades all along. It shows growth. So if you really do apply yourself, you should be pretty well set.
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
Quote by Tiksi
actually, colleges frequently look for improvement, signs of realization and maturity. Sometimes having a major improvement in grades is better than getting those grades all along. It shows growth. So if you really do apply yourself, you should be pretty well set.

Meh, this can help, but many colleges require certain results in terms of grades and SAT scores.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I had kind of ****ty grades too but I kicked ass on the SAT's and ACT's'. As in 90th percentile of my college class kicking ass. Granted I just go to a State School but I'm pretty sure my good test scores made their decision about acceptance and scholarship rewards. If you fail there, there's not shame in going to community college or branch campuses and then transfering. Undergrad education is about the same anywhere.
Renegade of this Time and Age.

Quote by reaume140
You Sir, have made my night, thank you.
i can understand your problem, since raping and pillaging of villages is frowned upon by the vikings in the 21st century. not everyone goes to princeton or MIT. there are tons of colleges including jr colleges that will admit you. show your stuff there then try for a bigger school if you must. your parents may be more inclined to spring for the big bucks if you can show them you mean business at a smaller school. trust me your life ain't over if your not in an ivy league school. on a side note, a lot of the stuff they will teach you won't be remembered or mean squat if it is. can't tell you the last time i had to disect a sentence.
however, take it serious when you go. it's not all about sex and frat parties, at least during daylight hours. GL
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
Well just study your ass off this year and get a 4.0. It's not impossible. And pwn the SATs as hard as you can. If you can get above 2200, you're set. Just make up a story and write about how you were in depression the first two years and you really picked up after. You'll be an inspiration to the application selection process people.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Dude, dont try in high school. Its a waste of time. You can go to community college no matter how bad you fail. Its like high school doesnt even matter.

Then just transfer to a university.

Yes...SRSLY
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
try
member #2 [red army] of the Red vs. Blue Club. PM fret13 to join.
(I wasn't cool enough for a name)
Quote by RHCP94
Pfft, we all know Yakult isn't a person.
I can't help but feel lucky to be in Australia where only the results of your final year count towards I guess the equivalent of GPA.
Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
^Dont worry, canada is like that too. If you have good third year grades you might get an early acceptance, but other than that, its all about 4th year.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.