A guitar tech Recently told me not to ever put anything higher then a 9 gauge string on my Guitar that has a floyd rose...now i know people who play like 13's in D standard with a FR...i have like 3 sets of 10's but i dont know if i should put em on..

What do you guys think ? will it hurt it ?
If he set it up for .09' then he was probably just recommending that if you put something heavier on without adjusting anything youd find yourself screwed,,,,
Quote by rokket2005
If he set it up for .09' then he was probably just recommending that if you put something heavier on without adjusting anything youd find yourself screwed,,,,

Yeah. Him saying to never put anything bigger than nines is a little extreme. It will throw your intonation off though.

Edit: fixed typo.
Alright..thanks for the input I know what i'm doing enough to set the intunation for 10's and to get the floyd balanced back out
if you put heavier strings on you will need to adjust the intonation
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
if you put heavier strings on you will need to adjust the intonation

Yeah i knew that i would have to change my intunation and stuff i just thought maybe i was a dumbass and had missed something and wasent supose to put heavy gauges on Floyds
lol Dosent matter what u put on there but the Stock Set ups can handle up to 10. once you get to 11 your gonna have to add another spring and reset most the stuff Mabey not so much of the intonation but the bridge its self.

But if ur going for the high gauge its best you pick a tuning and stay with it.

High Gauge Strings are best to be played in low Tunings 50's-9's or 54's-10 in 1/Step or 1/2step(c#) feel like Standered.
Member #2 of the dean owners club, PM g1asseye to join.

92% of teens have moved on to rap repost this if you are one of the 8% that listen to real music

Rock IN Peace Darrell Lance Abbott \m/
Quote by Washburn1342
i would have to change my intunation

haha, i laughed.
anything bigger than a 9, i dont know of anything smaller, ha
Thats what she said... Oh.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
if you but anything bigger than 9s on their.... ull prolly need to rub icy hot all over the neck to fix the problem.

/failed joke attempt
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Quote by georgemccupcake
haha, i laughed.
anything bigger than a 9, i dont know of anything smaller, ha

There are strings smaller than 9s, but they aren't particularly common.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
look, you insert your penis into her va-gi-na. now the hole is closer down towards her butthole not near the top or straight in the middle as commonly thought.
Word.