hey i wanna get rid of my amp head and start using power amps and preamp rack stuff along with my POD XT live. how would i go about doing this??? i already have the cab the pedal and the head which im getting rid of
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
... you wanna use power amp and preamp rack because you saw that pic with alexi's rack? -.-
Quote by Habs
... you wanna use power amp and preamp rack because you saw that pic with alexi's rack? -.-

uhh...no...the amp head i have licks balls and i just want a rack mount....more possibilities....and for the record i think alexi should have stayed with EMGs but what ever.....

EDIT:: by the way...wheres that pic with alexis rack???? never seen it
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150
Last edited by Draind at Aug 31, 2007,
It depends on if you intend to use the XTL as your preamp (amp models). If you're going that route, then you don't need a preamp, just a power amp. There are quite a few tube power amps on the market that will give you everything you need.
If you really want the Authentic tube tone, run the pod into a tube power amp as sugested....with an additional tube preamp before the pod in order to retain the tube qualities of the signal entering the power amp. If ya get me...?
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
If you really want the Authentic tube tone, run the pod into a tube power amp as sugested....with an additional tube preamp before the pod in order to retain the tube qualities of the signal entering the power amp. If ya get me...?

yeah i get ya. is there any brands that i should look out for? im not rich so try to keep it reasonable.....
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
Peavey 5150