go to a guitar store, play em side by side and find out.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
well, i dont know much about the ocd, but ive played the fulldrive and its basically just a hotrodded tubescreamer copy. very nice though.

but i do agree with the guy above me.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by FunkasPuck
go to a guitar store, play em side by side and find out.

the closest guitar store where they have fulltone is about 2 hours driving

Quote by marvelboy_04
well, i dont know much about the ocd, but ive played the fulldrive and its basically just a hotrodded tubescreamer copy. very nice though.

but i do agree with the guy above me.

so it could nail the TS tones plus higher gain tones ??
Last edited by The red Strat. at Aug 31, 2007,
The OCD is hailed the best sounding Overdrive pedal you can get (by people that know the difference between good and bad tone)

Thats been said many times, not only on this board.
Fulldrive: mid hump, great for american amps
OCD: brighter and flatter, great for british amps

Just IMO, of course.
i have an ocd and it sounds great on my fender (american amp). i might try the fulldrive if you have an amp you want to push, or boost when cranked, and use the ocd if you need more drive at lower volumes

also, the ocd is really responsive to the guitars volume knob and how hard you hit he strings, so it takes some getting use to to find how to get that tone you want
Quote by demea
The OCD is hailed the best sounding Overdrive pedal you can get (by people that know the difference between good and bad tone)

Thats been said many times, not only on this board.

Hardly, there are much better OD's, like The Cochrane Tim and Timmy (which I own) and the Zen Drive. It's good, but not the best. People at TGP lean towards the Zen Drive, and the Timmy, more than the OCD.

The OCD is a unique OD, because it feature two modes, LP (flatter, darker voicing) and HP (Mid emphasized, louder, and more gain). It's also very transparent, very responsive to picking dynamics, as well as your volume control. Its also got +30 dBs of volume boost.

The Fulldrive is basically a Tubescreamer clone, but a bit fatter sounding.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
^and it has more gain. the high pass/low pass filter is a great addon. i like to use HP with my Les paul and LP with my strat. the real question is, how much gain do you need? what kind of music do you play?
^Yes it does, but in my opinion, it's kind of odd, because it's a boost for your boost, know what I mean? If you need the OD part to get your tone, and use the clean boost for extra push, you need to get an amp that suits you.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
Hardly, there are much better OD's, like The Cochrane Tim and Timmy (which I own) and the Zen Drive. It's good, but not the best. People at TGP lean towards the Zen Drive, and the Timmy, more than the OCD.

The OCD is a unique OD, because it feature two modes, LP (flatter, darker voicing) and HP (Mid emphasized, louder, and more gain). It's also very transparent, very responsive to picking dynamics, as well as your volume control. Its also got +30 dBs of volume boost.

The Fulldrive is basically a Tubescreamer clone, but a bit fatter sounding.

you own a Timmy?

lucky you.

and yeah, there are others too which are considered a LOT better than the OCD, such as the Klon Centaur and the Analogman King Of Tone.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
you own a Timmy?

lucky you.

and yeah, there are others too which are considered a LOT better than the OCD, such as the Klon Centaur and the Analogman King Of Tone.

Yeah man, I got it last week, and the TIM came in yesterday. the buil in effects loop in kinda cool, helps me isolate when effects go bad, or I lose battery power.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Hardly, there are much better OD's, like The Cochrane Tim and Timmy (which I own) and the Zen Drive.

Again, your opinion.
I dont own an OCD, so I dont know for sure. I played a vintage TS 808 for years, so I'm biased.
Quote by demea
Again, your opinion.
I dont own an OCD, so I dont know for sure. I played a vintage TS 808 for years, so I'm biased.

But to say it's the best OD out there, by people who know tone? There are far, far more people who prefer the Timmy, and far more who prefer the Klon. It's thought of as a very good, decenlty priced pedal, but not hailed as the best.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
But to say it's the best OD out there, by people who know tone? There are far, far more people who prefer the Timmy, and far more who prefer the Klon. It's thought of as a very good, decenlty priced pedal, but not hailed as the best.

Whatever. I'm not arguing on the internet about it.
calm down guys, we all know the ocd is the best

but threadstarter, i would get the ocd, and if you really want a clean boost, people can make a custom one for you for cheap.
Quote by s.r.v.

but threadstarter, i would get the ocd, and if you really want a clean boost, people can make a custom one for you for cheap.

Hehe, I'd say it's the best for the price range, definitely. $140 for a two mode, transparent OD that's f'in loud? great.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by s.r.v.
^and it has more gain. the high pass/low pass filter is a great addon. i like to use HP with my Les paul and LP with my strat. the real question is, how much gain do you need? what kind of music do you play?

the most gain i'll ever need would be QOTSA.
and aren't the fulldrive 2 and mosfet the same pedal ???
thanks everyone for the responses !
Quote by s.r.v.

couldn't an OCD do a clean boost aswell
Quote by Reincaster
Then don't talk **** out of your ass.

So the gods of guitar lined up all the overdrive pedals and crowned the timmy pedal the best? Why does your opinion matter more than mine, dickweed? Because you have one?
The guy was asking about the OCD vs. a Fulltone, BTW. Not the Timmy pedal.
It's my opinion that I already said could be full of **** because its what I heard and read and I already stated that I play a TS808.
Why is that talking out of my ass?
^It could act as a clean boost on LP mode, but not entirely clean, it'll have light dirt, very very light dirt.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by demea
So the gods of guitar lined up all the overdrive pedals and crowned the timmy pedal the best? Why does your opinion matter more than mine, dickweed? Because you have one?
The guy was asking about the OCD vs. a Fulltone, BTW. Not the Timmy pedal.
It's my opinion that I already said could be full of **** because its what I heard and read and I already stated that I play a TS808.
Why is that talking out of my ass?

I thought you said you weren't gonna argue about it?

You said it's hailed as the best one you can buy. Not true, because there is no best OD out there. I've seen far more people praise other OD's over the OCD.

And you never said your thoughts on the OCD could be completely unfounded. You just stated it like fact.

And yes, my opinion would matter more than yours, because it comes from actual experience of owning BOTH pedals.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

the ocd doesnt really "clean boost". its more overdrive than the fulldrive, but the fulldrive has a clean boost. again, just get someone to make you a clean boost if you really feel like you need it. ask this guy to make a LPD2 replica, or make it yourself:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=18&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45&vmcchk=1&Itemid=45
Quote by s.r.v.
the ocd doesnt really "clean boost". its more overdrive than the fulldrive, but the fulldrive has a clean boost. again, just get someone to make you a clean boost if you really feel like you need it. ask this guy to make a LPD2 replica, or make it yourself:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=18&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45&vmcchk=1&Itemid=45

LPB2? Or LPD2?

I made an LPB-1 clone, it was really simple, and hella fun.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

lol i meant LPB2. yeah those kits are alot of fun, i made a tremolo, but i sourced my own parts for the LPB2
Quote by s.r.v.
lol i meant LPB2. yeah those kits are alot of fun, i made a tremolo, but i sourced my own parts for the LPB2

Hmm, How difficult are tremolo pedals?

I got mine off of a site, but I forgot which one it was. It had all these cool pixel art graphics for schematics.

edit: http://smallbox.zeonhost.com/
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

tremolo wasnt very hard, worked on the first try! painting was the hardest part for me, but the kit is easy, fun, and sounds great
Quote by s.r.v.
tremolo wasnt very hard, worked on the first try! painting was the hardest part for me, but the kit is easy, fun, and sounds great

I'm in the process of a building a chorus, really, really tough.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

I'm not too sure about "better", but Reincaster is right, there are TONS of boutique OD pedals out there that extremely great...but VERY expensive.

It's just a matter of opinion.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I actually don't like the Zendrive very much.
IMO, it's only good for humbucker guitars, which I don't play.
Quote by Reincaster
I'm in the process of a building a chorus, really, really tough.

really? what's so tough? is it just a lot of soldering? or are you putting it on perf board from a schematic?
I'm building a small clone....clone.. Haha. It's kind of tought, because it's in stereo, and has several switch circuits, and it requires about 3-4 perfboards, in one pedal.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

i heard the OCD is a mosfet boosted RAT clone!!! i read somewhere else that it isn't JUST a mosfet boost RAT!!! now... what is it really??? i want one!!!!!!1 can somebody degoop the board???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i will, if you buy me another OCD

but i eventually will, possibly over thanksgiving break or christmas break. then you have to buy the schematic from me for 4 easy payments of 19.99

and its not a rat with mosfets, its closer to a sparkle drive (from the kind folks at diystompboxes)
Where's the video, man?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
AH!!! i completely forgot! i was making a headphone amp, A/b box, and two boosters today! i dont know if i will have time tomorow, but ill try!
Quote by s.r.v.
and its not a rat with mosfets, its closer to a sparkle drive (from the kind folks at diystompboxes)

The Sparkle Drive is a Tube Screamer copy.